Fantastic opportunity for a bright graduate to kickstart their career in a fast-growing technology company. In this exciting, entry-level position, you’ll be directly rewarded for your hard work and play a key part in company growth within a supportive, fun and sociable team.
As a Business Development Associate, you’ll be a key person in driving Beauhurst’s growth - managing the first stage of the sales cycle and corresponding with potential clients across over 20 different industries.
If you’re a natural people-person, target-driven and eager to take responsibility from day one then we’d love to hear from you!
Historically, data on the most exciting companies in the UK has been severely lacking. We believe that great data makes for much better decision making, so have built a powerful tool to track every high-growth company in the UK.
Through a combination of people power and machine learning, our searchable platform provides an invaluable picture of the ever-changing high-growth landscape, helping over 1200 professionals across 20+ different industries understand, support, and work with these exciting businesses.
As a dynamic company ourselves, we are constantly evolving to meet the needs of the changing world. Most recently, our data has helped government bodies, investors and advisors understand Covid-19’s impact on businesses, helping to direct support where it is needed most.
However, the real key to our success is our amazing team. Based in the heart of Brixton, we’re a wonderfully diverse group with a huge mix of individual interests and quirks (which we encourage everyone to bring to work!). Everyone here is extremely passionate about what they do, driven to challenge themselves, supportive of anyone who needs it and most importantly, has fun whilst doing it!
We’re looking for someone ambitious and self-motivated to manage the first stage of the sales cycle, booking in as many new client meetings as possible to help us grow even faster.
Don’t worry, we won’t throw you in the deep end… Within your first couple of weeks, our rigorous training programme will equip you with all the skills you need - you’ll become an expert on our platform and the various different use cases, attend online and in-person client meetings and learn best practice!
After this, you’ll be:
- Researching: Understanding potential clients to decide whether they would benefit from Beauhurst (and how!)
- Creating content: Writing targeted, well written pitches to reach out to prospects via email, LinkedIn, or on the phone
- Selling: Quickly and succinctly getting to the heart of clients’ needs and conveying how different uses of Beauhurst can help them (there are a lot of different ways to use Beauhurst!) to convince them to book a demo.
- Managing: staying on top of your own pipeline of potential clients
- Testing: Actively finding ways to improve your own process as well as suggesting ways to improve efficiency of the wider team
- Helping with strategy: Inputting into longer term strategic thinking - both for the sales team and the company as a whole
The ideal candidate
You should be a University Graduate with strong academics (A levels/equivalent), either recently graduated or looking to move into a new career in Sales.
Personality-wise, we’re looking for someone who is;
- Naturally personable, fun and sociable. Our Sales team are a very fun-loving bunch, so it’s important that you enjoy working alongside others and are excited by the prospect of working towards goals as a team.
- Intelligent, articulate and organised - you’re confident organising your own time and do so in a practical, efficient manner
- A fast learner, quick thinker and able to remain calm under pressure
- Resilient, able to bounce back after a setback, can take on constructive feedback and use this to improve how things are done
- Highly motivated to succeed/make money/hit targets!
We’re offering a competitive entry-level base salary + bonus + uncapped commission.
We invest a lot in keeping our people happy and healthy! So as well as that, you'll also get;
- Training: Structured sales training & regular personal development opportunities
- Socials: Drinks every Friday, office parties, company away days and regular team events
- Options: Substantial options scheme, so you can share in the growth you help create!
- Snacks: Unlimited supply of fruit, nuts, tea and coffee
- Books: You can order any relevant books or magazine subscriptions you like
- Wellbeing: Coaching and counselling if you need it
- Travel loans: Rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Other perks: Free coffee, cinema tickets, online gym classes and other vouchers
Please submit your CV along with a cover letter telling us why you want to work for us and why you'd be great at it.
Please note that applications with no cover letter or a generic cover letter will be automatically rejected.