Start Date: ASAP Salary: £30-35k + £6-8k (OTE)
Are you an ambitious and tech-savvy salesperson who loves working with people? Are you also excited by the chance to work for an innovative, fast-growing scale-up where you’ll get tonnes of responsibility from day one?
We’re looking for someone to take complete ownership over our brand-new automation tool – building long term relationships with our current clients and deciding how best to sell it to new ones. This is a fantastic opportunity to use your creativity and vision to build this arm of the business from the ground up and make it your own.
We are the leading source of information on ambitious and high-growth businesses in the UK. These companies are changing the shape of the UK economy (and arguably, society itself!), yet our platform is the only way to understand them. Giving professionals access to Beauhurst provides an invaluable picture of the high-growth landscape, helping make smarter business decisions, driving innovation and connecting the right people together.
Joining our team means working with a bright, passionate and extremely friendly group of people, all with a huge mix of individual interests and quirks. Whether you’re our freshest face or a Beauhurst veteran, we encourage absolutely everyone here to challenge themselves and each other, keep learning, and have fun whilst doing it!
In line with our BIG plans for continuing growth, we’ve recently launched an exciting new Application Programming Interface (API) to help clients get even more out of our data platform. In this brand-new role, we’re looking for someone to take ownership over this product – working out which of our clients would benefit from it, building a technical and highly targeted use case and then managing that long-term relationship going forwards. This is a highly autonomous role with tonnes of scope for growth, so if you’re ambitious and always brimming with ideas, then read on!
We’re looking for someone with proven success interacting with people and hitting targets to join our lovely Research and Consultancy team.
The role is two-fold. Firstly, building relationships with clients who already benefit from the API, and secondly, reaching out to our extensive client base to sell them an individual API to complement their existing use of Beauhurst.
You’ll also play an integral role in the future of the company, spotting opportunities for growth and taking feedback from subscribers to help us develop long-term strategy - both in the API itself and within the wider Research and Consultancy team.
Namely, your responsibilities will include:
- Building relationships - maintaining regular contact with your clients via email, on the phone, and in person
- Training subscribers on how to use the API
- Hitting renewal and retention targets (and being rewarded for it)
- Communicating user feedback to our product development team and the rest of the company
- Reaching out to potential subscribers with an individual use case
- Meeting with key stakeholders to demo the API
- Closing deals (and again being rewarded for it!)
The ideal candidate
We’re looking for a bright Graduate with at least 1 year's experience managing end-to-end sales/account management & a technical/scientific background (or a proven interest in it!)
Specifically, you should also be:
- A natural people-person, charismatic, emotionally intelligent and able to adapt your communication style to a range of different people
- Highly autonomous and ambitious
- Tech-savvy – able to understand and explain complicated technological terms in a simple manner
- Intelligent, articulate and organised - confident managing your own time and doing so in a practical, efficient way
- A fast learner, quick thinker and able to remain calm under pressure
- Driven by success/targets
- A ‘go-getter’ – you proactively look for opportunities to do things better and also support others around you
Ideally, but not essentially, you should also have:
- Experience selling software, technology or technical services
- Some understanding of APIs
In return, we're offering a competitive annual salary of £30-35k + £6-8k (OTE)
As well as that, we're delighted to offer:
- Structured training & regular personal development opportunities
- Substantial options scheme, so you can share in the growth you help create
- Beautiful Brixton office with our own rooftop terrace and incredible views
- Personal development budget for courses, conferences, training and any relevant reading material that interests you
- Free fruit, tea and coffee, and regular team and company lunches
- Matched pensions scheme
- Season ticket travel loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Great company social life – Friday drinks in the office and lots of social events
Ticking all the boxes? Then we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your CV along with a cover letter telling us why you want this role and why you'd be great at it.
Please note that applications with no cover letter or a generic cover letter will be automatically rejected.