We’re looking for someone super smart to come and work closely with the senior team to help us work better as a business – driving operational improvements within each department and across the company as a whole.
You’ll excel in this role if you love spotting opportunities for improvement and then going and making them happen. You’ll get your energy from working closely with people and get a huge sense of satisfaction from seeing things being done more efficiently and effectively, with everyone being happier as a result. You’ll also (hopefully) be a great communicator and have exceptional attention to detail!
If that sounds like it might be you, then read on...
We are the leading source of market intelligence on ambitious and high-growth businesses in the UK. These companies are changing the shape of the UK economy – driving innovation, new technologies, and jobs growth. This means that everyone wants to be involved with them – from professional service firms looking to advise them, funders wanting to invest in them, through to the government seeking to better understand and support them. The problem is that – aside from Beauhurst – there just isn’t any good data on these businesses.
The Beauhurst platform is the only way to understand the whole UK high-growth ecosystem. It allows our clients to discover companies through best-in-class search functionality; to track them with customisable alerts; and to fully understand them and the surrounding high-growth ecosystem with a suite of stats. All of which is why we have such a wide range of high-profile clients, including KPMG, Reuters, London Stock Exchange Group, HM Treasury, and Barclays.
As you’d expect, our people have a wide range of skills. In our client-facing teams we have Marketers, Salespeople, Account Managers and Research Consultants, who get our product and services in front of everyone who should know about it; and make sure our subscribers get the best possible service. And then we have our Product, Data and Development teams, who constantly drive our data and our product forward.
Finally, there’s the Operations team – which you’d be joining. In our team, we keep the whole business running by looking after everything related to legal, finance, project and office management, and, of course, people.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to get stuck into every aspect of life at an exciting high-growth company. We need you to develop performance improvement systems, manage training programmes, and work with the different Heads of Departments to drive change within their teams. You’ll also take the lead on the creation of ways of working best practice around the company, including improving the use of data-based decision making and project management.
Your key areas of responsibility will be:
- Identifying improvements with each team and across the company as a whole
- Working with the different Heads of Departments to create plans for improvements and manage change within their teams
- Using data to analyse and measure performance and drive the next iteration of changes
- Overseeing and developing performance improvement systems including training
- Taking a lead in the creation of ways of working best practice around the company
Skills & experience
You’ll be great if you:
- Are excited by everything you’ve read so far
- Have at least 2 years relevant experience
- Have excellent writing and communication skills
- Are intelligent and have great attention to detail
- Have a great personality and a sense of humour
Start date: Immediate
As well as that, we're delighted to offer:
- Substantial options scheme, so you can share in the growth you contribute to
- Fantastic culture – you’ll be welcomed into a fun, quirky and intelligent team, committed to seeking and supporting personal development
- Beautiful Brixton office with rooftop terrace and incredible views
- Personal development budget for courses, conferences, training and any reading material that interests you
- Matched pensions scheme
- Season ticket travel loan
- Great company social life – Friday drinks in the office, regular events and free lunches
To apply, please submit your CV along with a cover letter telling us why you want this role and why you'd be great at it.
Please note that applications with no cover letter or a generic cover letter will be automatically rejected.