You will excel in this role if you are fun, intelligent, resilient, and a self-starter. You'll also be fantastic at building a rapport and relationships and will be equally motivated by smashing targets and interacting with people. Ideally, you'll also be enthusiastic about contributing to wider company strategy while nurturing and developing your own book. Finally, you'll have at least 18 months experience in a similar role, and can easily demonstrate all of the above and more!
We are the leading source of market intelligence on ambitious and high-growth businesses in the UK. These companies are changing the shape of the UK economy – driving innovation, new technologies, and jobs growth. This means that everyone wants to be involved with them – from professional service firms looking to advise them, funders wanting to invest in them, through to the government seeking to better understand and support them. The problem is that – aside from Beauhurst – there just isn’t any good data on these businesses.
The Beauhurst platform is the only way to understand the whole UK high-growth ecosystem. It allows our clients to discover companies through best-in-class search functionality; to track them with customisable alerts; and to fully understand them and the surrounding high-growth ecosystem with a suite of stats. All of which is why we have such a wide range of high-profile clients, including KPMG, Reuters, London Stock Exchange Group, HM Treasury, and Barclays.
As you’d expect, our people have a wide range of skills. In our client facing teams we have Marketers, Salespeople, Account Managers and Research Consultants, who get our product and services in front of everyone who should know about it; and make sure our subscribers get the best possible service. And then we have our Product, Data and Development teams, who constantly drive our data and our product forward.
We’re looking for an experienced account manager who thrives on hitting targets and nurturing strong, long-lasting client relationships. You'll keep lots of plates spinning as you contribute to the development of the department, whilst ensuring our excellent rates of client retention are maintained. If your dream job sees you using your commercial focus, determination and emotional intelligence to get results, then this is the role for you.
You’ll learn all about the industries surrounding high-growth companies and work with our varied client base to manage their subscriptions. Working alongside a fantastic team, your goal will be to set an example to more junior team members and maximise the value subscribers get from Beauhurst for many years to come.
You’ll be integral to the future of the company, spotting opportunities for growth and help design the next strategy plan.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with subscribers
- Hitting renewal and retention targets
- Spotting opportunities to up-sell or cross-sell (for instance, to sell additional features and our consultancy services)
- Leading & supporting junior team members in their development
- Contributing to strategic planning at a team and company level
Start date: Immediate
£55-60k OTE (inc bonus and commission)
As well as that, we're delighted to offer:
- Substantial options scheme, so you can share in the growth you contribute to
- Fantastic culture – you’ll be welcomed into a quirky, fun and intelligent team, committed to seeking and supporting personal development
- Beautiful Brixton office with rooftop terrace and incredible views
- Personal development budget for courses, conferences, training and any reading material that interests you
- Substantial matched pensions scheme
- Season ticket travel loan
- Great company social life – Friday drinks in the office, regular events and free lunches
To apply, please submit your CV along with a cover letter telling us why you want this role and why you'd be great at it.
Please note that applications with no cover letter or a generic cover letter will be automatically rejected.