Title: Data intern
We’re offering a fantastic opportunity to learn about the UK’s most ambitious companies and the ecosystem that supports them – while working with a small, friendly team in the centre of Nottingham.
You will help us improve an exciting new product that gives insight into the people running and backing UK companies that are aiming to be the world’s best. You will take on the challenging task of digging through company/funder/university websites, social media, financial documents and official reports, to augment our product and help answer questions like:
- Who is the UK’s biggest individual investor?
- How much are the top 100 investors worth?
- Who should entrepreneurs reach out to for investment?
This is a full-time role that will last 12 weeks.
You’ll be great if you:
- Love data and like to research complicated events and subjects
- Have excellent analysis, writing and communication skills
- Learn quickly and have the confidence to make independent, educated judgement calls based on a range of data
- Have a great personality and a sense of humour
It doesn’t matter what you’ve studied or are studying. Our team have a wide range of backgrounds and you don’t need expertise in finance or business, as we’ll teach you everything you need to know.
Our platform lets users search a huge database of high-growth companies and the ecosystems around them. It’s an invaluable window into the world of start-ups, scale-ups, funds, accelerators and beyond.
Our subscribers depend on the Beauhurst platform for a huge variety of use cases, from business development, investment, partnership-building and recruitment, to understanding sectoral or large-scale trends amongst high-growth companies.
We already have a wide range of users at organisations including Deloitte, Reuters, London Stock Exchange Group, and KPMG - through to small startups themselves. We want to make sure we’re the essential tool for understanding this space and to do that we need to keep expanding and improving our data.
- Start date: June
- Employment length: 12 weeks for the internship
- Location: Nottingham
- Pay: £300 p/w
As well as that, we’re delighted to offer:
- Fantastic culture – you’ll be welcomed into a quirky, fun and intelligent team
- Flexible hours
- Staff discount/benefit scheme
- Great company social life – Friday drinks in the office, regular events with free lunches, book club, days out (quad biking, treasure hunts, comedy nights)
If that all sounds up your street, then we'd love to hear from you.
Please submit your CV, along with a cover letter telling us why you want to do this role and why you’d be great at it. Please submit your cover letter in Word or PDF.