Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, and Argentina.
About the role
At Beat, for every question that’s being posed, the answer should start with a number. Every proposal, suggestion or plan, should be backed up by numbers. Every single function inside the company should establish more, and more intense, data reporting processes to understand their progress across all goals.
We are looking for a Global Head of Data Insights to drive Beat to the next level in terms of its usage of trend data, data analytics and shrewd analysis across all markets we operate in. If you’re a strategic thinker who is excited to deep-dive into a dynamic marketplace data and who can support Beat to be the best it can be for its customers, business growth & efficiency, we want to hear from you. This is a unique opportunity to influence decision making in one of the fastest growing ride-hailing apps in the Latin America. You will report directly to the COO.
What you’ll do:
- Respond to needs in reaction to current business trends, guiding deep dive investigations to understand shifts in behavior or other changes while using data and analytics to answer business questions and propose solutions to Senior Leaders.
- Link and mash up various data sources and data types to discover trends, patterns and new insights and present them to senior management.
- Build and maintain a consistent organisational KPI reporting framework and underlying dashboards for operational reporting.
- Apply advanced statistical and predictive modelling techniques to develop and improve decision making systems which deliver business value.
- Constantly raise a bar when it comes to tools we use to visualise insights and how we analyse Cities we operate in. Cities are alive systems and you never give up exploring them.
- Act as evangelist for data usage and benefits across the organization driving adoption and self-service
- Conceptualize and deliver analytics to fuel more personalized marketplace treatments, including those coordinated across customer journeys, to improve various KPIs, whether customer growth, engagement, revenue opportunities to support other teams in Business Operations to be more effective.
- Build and lead a high-performing team of analysts, keeping associates engaged and productive by encouraging ownership, removing barriers and motivating for excellence.
- Design and carry out experiments, analyze test results, draw actionable insights and present findings to management to drive sales and operational results.
- Identify opportunities to collect new data and refine existing data sources.
What do you need to have
- You have experience in working with large data sets
- You have a great business acumen and you understand what power data can have on a company's performance.
- You are curious and relentless when it comes to actionable insights on how to “move the needle” using the data.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, combined with even stronger data visualisation and communication skills
- You have the necessary leadership skills to get the best out of the team of analysts to reach Beat goals. You will have the ability to make data and insight accessible and relevant so it’s used appropriately to drive Beat’s performance.
- You are a self-starter, detail-oriented and have the ability to work with limited supervision in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment. Must be comfortable with constantly shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior stakeholders throughout the organization, both technical and non-technical
- Experience in end-to-end analytics projects, including design of scorecards, KPIs, reports & dashboards
- You are hands-on with thorough knowledge of scripting, data source integration and advanced data analytics. Python and Tableau knowledge
- Full understanding of the processes of data quality, data cleansing and data transformation
- 5+ years of business-based analytics, preferably in the marketplace industry with proven track record on business impact.
- 3+ years of people management experience, including building and leading teams of high performing technical and analytical associates
What’s in it for you
- This is a unique opportunity to join a scaling successful business and at the same time still get a lot of freedom in your job. Actually we will expect you to approach things differently and beyond regular.
- You will join a team of people who grow this business as their own and are inspired by the idea of creating the best user experience in the world.
- You will be part of an environment which gives you unlimited opportunities for growth professionally and personally.
- And of course, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities, together with competitive salary and benefits, including flexible working hours and an amazing workspace.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.