Beat is a mobile app that transforms the way people move in their cities. Tap on a button on your smartphone and you get a ride in just a few minutes.
Beat started its life as “Taxibeat” in 2011 in Europe and after 3 years expanded its operations to Peru where it serves millions of rides every single month. It currently operates in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia and Mexico with many new markets coming in the next months and years. Its great success was attested by the acquisition from Daimler A.G. and Beat is already establishing its position in Latin America which is current focus of expansion.
Beat’s vision is to offer an affordable and efficient way for people to move in their cities.
About the role
Are you a Senior Android Developer who has excellent problem solving skills and loves technical challenges? If yes, then jump into our Beat team and build with us an amazing product with international reach!
Our Android team has recently been working on some great features that are significantly improving the way people interact with our app and move in the city, and we’re ready to deploy a number of very cool new services to expand our footprint in the market.
What you'll do day in day out:
- Build apps for phones and tablets making good use of all the latest APIs while maintaining support for older versions of Android
- Take part in designing and implementing new features from scratch
- Work with our Creative Team of designers and UX experts to create pixel perfect designs
- Track down and resolve issues
- Keep up with the latest SDK, tools and conventions
What you need to have:
- At least 4 years Android of application development experience (Java) in the industry.
- Proven ability to ship apps throughout their lifecycle.
- Holistic knowledge and passion for the platform.
- Superior analytical skills and a strong sense of urgency and ownership in your work.
- Experience with Test Driven Development. Familiarity with integration/functional/UI Automation testing is a plus.
- Experience in modern, distributed version control (we use Git and accompanying flows).
What's in it for you:
- Competitive full time salary
- Private Health Coverage on the Company’s group program
- Beat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button
- Breakfast, high quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools, Spanish Lessons
- Opportunities to participate in cutting edge trainings and conferences of your choice in Greece and abroad
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that gives engineers large goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.