Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
About the role
You are a creative statistician and data scientist who appreciates the subtlety of measuring incrementality. Whether it be a statistical model, an A/B test, or the objective use of a predictive model.
You are interested in the ride-sharing industry and the impact it creates in every part of the world. With constant learning and adaptation, you will drive the future evolution of the industry, advising Beat on incentives strategy and CRM.
Your impact will be truly global as you will work in diverse teams across Europe and Latin America, with the goal to grow Beat business and enhance a frictionless experience for both riders and drivers.
About the team
The Data team comprises analysts, applied scientists, and engineers with a mandate to enable all corners of the company to exploit data models & customer insights. We extract deep insights, develop predictive models, and run simulations in order to understand the complex system that is urban mobility and translate this into optimised customer experience, optimised ecosystem revenue, and ideation on new business models. This includes projects in customer segmentation, customer journey, pricing, supply/demand, routing, growth, personalisation, and experimentation.
What you'll do day in day out:
- Develop deep insights into our customers’ behaviours, their response to incentives, and their motivations for engagement with ride hailing
- Assess incrementality of our incentive programs through experimental measurement, attribution, and modeling
- Build segmentations, LTV models, and churn models
- Develop models to inform new incentive programs that balance driver earnings and loyalty with revenue and ecosystem resilience
- Frame/understand the customer journey and build predictive models to engage at the right time with targeted messaging - machine learning driven CRM
- Track, analyse, visualise, and communicate key metrics and insights to management
- Embrace and evangelise a data-driven culture across the organization
- Explore new opportunities for Beat and our users by following industry and technology trends
What you need to have:
- 4+ years of experience in a quantitative or analytical role in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Physics, Math, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field
- Hands-on experience in using leading data visualization tools (Tableau or other) for producing engaging and useful insight
- Expert knowledge of SQL and databases
- Experience with Python or R is highly desirable
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving mindset
- Excellent multitasking skills to manage multiple projects across various teams and topics
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to collaborate with individuals from varying backgrounds and skill sets
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Defined contribution Pension plan
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools.
- Work permit cost covered
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities
- Breakfast, high-quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.