Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America and part of the international FreeNow Group owned by Daimler and BMW. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented People are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat’s footprint is rapidly expanding with current service in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina. Our global headquarters are in Athens and Amsterdam
Additionally, we are the only company in this industry deploying a disruptive business model within the ride-hailing sphere consisting of vertically integrating along our supply chain in order to better focus on our customers delivering unparalleled mobility experience.
About the role
After the successful results in terms of market penetration and brand awareness of BEAT Tesla in Mexico; we will be expanding this business model to other cities and countries across LATAM in early 2022.
The new verticals is a totally integrated product: fully owned, highly safe, superior quality and professional supply service managed fleet (employed drivers).
As the Procurement Manager fully dedicated to this expansion, you will have a pivotal role. This challenge focuses on implementing procurement processes to identify addressable spend to deliver savings and the development of strong relationships with new and existing vendors.
It is a highly visible role with a significant focus on business partnering and execution. The role holder will own key categories/business units to drive improvements in services for the best prices and terms.
Operating in a matrix organization, the role holder will report to the Head of Procurement and VP of Finance.
Together with internal stakeholders you will define the purchasing roadmap of your business areas, supporting both ad-hoc spend >20K as well as significant contracts with key vendors of 0.5-6 Million USD.
You will work alongside other Procurement Managers in Europe and the Beat cross-market teams with a strong focus on car leasing/buying and goods & services close to the vehicles.
Nevertheless, you will also be covering a diverse range of categories that will include: Tech (SaaS, Infrastructure, Hardware & Licensing), Marketing (specifically Digital & Media), Professional Services & Human Resources and Real Estate (Property, Facilities & Services).
Other regular activities will include:
- Analyzing the current and future spending as well as the current purchasing procedures
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with key strategic suppliers
- Represent Beat in supplier negotiations
- As a service provider for the whole group, you will gain cross-functional trust and respect and will become acquainted with the demands
- Identify and drive improvement initiatives aiming to optimize costs while ensuring best quality services
- Help to design and implement a purchasing system
You should be a consolidating and reliable character, highly self-motivated, who thrives in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment. You are offering both; an understanding of numbers and people.
Further key aspects of your profile are:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in economics, business, engineering or information technology
- Approximately 5 to 10 years of experience in a procurement role (ideally with prior employment in consulting or tech company)
- Former position in procurement or supply management in the automotive industry
- International work/ living/ studying experience is highly valued
- Ability to support multiple annual spend cycles with specific achievements of the addressable spend identified and savings
- Proven track record of negotiating with partners in LATAM (ideally: Chile, Argentina, Mexico, Peru and Argentina)
- Solid process understanding and successful project and people management
- Proficient communication skills in English and Spanish
- Strong working knowledge of ERP and MS Office programs
- You feel at ease in the internal role of an interdivisional service provider as well as externally as a tough negotiator with suppliers
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.