Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America and part of the international FreeNow Group owned by Daimler. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented People are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat’s footprint is rapidly expanding with current service in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina. Our global headquarters are in Athens and we are building our European headquarters in Amsterdam to attract the best talent in the world.
Beat is a rapidly growing, dynamic organization, where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. If you are a doer, data-driven, an executioner and you love learning new things, take a look in the job description below and jump into our Beat team!
About the role
We are looking for an empowered, biased for action Senior Operations Marketplace Specialist to join our Beat team in Mexico, reporting to its City Operations Senior Manager. This person will be a strategic thinker and problem solver responsible for leading the end-to-end operation and achieving the expected growth path in Mexico.
As an Operations Marketplace Specialist, you will be responsible for building a supply and demand structure, framing the cities and engaging and retaining our user base. You will need to ensure the long-term sustainability of the markets (both supply and demand), as well as its daily performance. This operations-driven role calls for a self-starter who specializes in creative problem solving, is excited to create and iterate operationally complex processes, and can develop and lead different stakeholders.
What you’ll do day in day out
- Own: Responsible for the marketplace health, demand, supply and all other levers in the cities.
- Grow: Create and implement the strategies that will lever the path of growth of the service within the country.
- Track: Assure the day to day performance of the business, considering all dimensions of the service it provides.
- Engage: Maintain both passenger and driver users engage to our service, we must always be their first choice.
- Optimize: Promote the incrementality mindset, optimize resources and measure with rigor impacts.
- Deep-dive: Be able to deep-dive into complex issues through data analysis and qualitative insights, pointing out pain points and identifying actionable strategies. Efficiently communicate those with relevant stakeholders.
- Connect: Work hand in hand with the Competitive Intelligence and the Consumer Insights team, ensuring deep understanding of the service/city when it comes to pricing, competition, mobility and transportation.
- Support: Provide visibility and control over the different service categories and cities and become a trusted business partner for the Growth team, in which he can rely on.
What you need to have
- A minimum of 4 years in highly competitive sectors (Consulting, FMCG, Banking, High-growth start-ups, etc).
- Focused on execution through new ideas and with a quick grasp of priority matters
- Experience managing a business or business area, with End to End vision and responsibility over it. Experience managing teams is not a must, the systemic End to End view of a business unit is.
- Advanced strategic thinking and data analytics. Capacity to extract insights and actions from numbers, deep-dive into complex topics to get complete understanding is a must. Basic SQL knowledge is required.
- Capacity to work as a team, communicate precisely and efficiently with colleagues, generate close trust relationships. Outstanding stakeholder management is necessary.
Who you are
- Solutions Focused - You seek to understand problems and find innovative ways to solve them, and possess the skills to push our service to be the best it can be.
- Owner and accountable - You own the markets and their performance is your performance.
- Great executor - We only get better when we take the leap to make things happen. You have a bias towards action and desire to see your ideas out in the world. You'll have experience taking ideas from creating a proposal to implementing a solution
- Possess the hustle to get things done - This is a highly hands-on operational role
What's in it for you
- Competitive full time salary.
- Private Health Coverage on the Company’s group program.
- Beat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button.
- Breakfast, high quality daily lunch for free, fruit and snacks all day long.
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools.
- Training budget for personal development.
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry.
- Being part of an environment that gives employees large goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
Please submit your resume in English
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion