Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
About the role
We are looking for a Data Analytics Engineer to join our team and participate in the development of our next-generation, world-class analytics and reporting environment. In this role, you will regularly liaise with data producers and data consumers across Beat in order to define the necessary data models, data warehouse schemas and data pipelines to serve the various analytics needs of the organization. As a subject matter expert, you will be responsible for laying the foundations of the core data models and domain entities that will serve as the basis of all analytical reporting and products at Beat.
The ideal candidate will have the right blend of analytics and data engineering skills and a track record of using these skills to build and curate data models that meaningfully represent the business domain entities for reporting, analysis, experimentation, and machine learning at Beat. If you are passionate about enabling data based decision making by providing high quality data models and tooling for complex and varying needs of a growing organization, then this position is for you.
About the team
The BI/Data Engineering team is part of the wider Data team - comprising analysts, engineers, and applied scientists - whose mandate is to enable all corners of the company to exploit data models & customer insights. We extract deep insights, develop predictive models, and run simulations in order to understand the complex system that is urban mobility and translate this into optimised customer experience, optimised ecosystem revenue, and ideation on new business models. This includes projects in customer segmentation, customer journey, pricing, supply/demand, routing, growth, personalisation, and experimentation.
What will you have to do day in day out:
- Liaise with business and engineering teams at Beat to understand our various domain entities as they evolve.
- Liaise with fellow Data Analysts, Data Engineers and other stakeholders across the org and translate their needs into well-defined, transformed, tested, documented, and code-reviewed data models.
- Lay the foundations of a layered data model architecture with a robust core model and multiple aggregated usage-based models on top.
- Set up systems, tooling and standards for model creation and evolution in a manner that reduces human errors and encourages self-servability and collaboration.
- Set up systems and processes for automated data observability and data quality monitoring and reporting.
- Become a data expert in your business domain.
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's, Master’s or higher degrees in an quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, or Statistics)
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Business Intelligence Analyst or Data Engineer
- Strong analytical skills, with experience solving ambiguous problems using data and providing practical business insights
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Proven hands-on experience in automated data modeling and transformation tools such as dbt and Airflow
- Experience and understanding of cloud based MPP data-warehouse such as Snowflake, Google BigQuery or AWS Redshift
- Proven hands-on skills in any general purpose programming language.
- Deep understanding and experience of modeling and processing structured, semi-structured and unstructured data for analytics purposes.
- Experience in managing data quality for a large and complex data warehouse.
- Experience with any data visualization tool such as Redash, Tableau or Looker.
- Experience with ETLs and data pipelines (batch and real-time)
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders in the data ecosystem.
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Good to have:
- Knowledge of cloud services (for ex. AWS S3/Google cloud storage)
- Knowledge of data governance, privacy and security
- Knowledge of product, commercial or marketing data tracking and analytics in an e-commerce environment.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working hours
- High tech equipment and top line tools
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that gives engineers large goals, autonomy, mentoring and creates incredible opportunities both for you and the company
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.