Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides everyday pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
About the role
Trust is fundamental to the Beat marketplace, and the Fraud, Safety & Identity teams are ensuring that the user experience with technology and transportation is as risk-free as possible. This involves enabling passengers to take rides with the appropriate fraud and risk checks, reducing fraud losses while not impacting growth, and setting high safety standards for drivers and passengers, both online and physically.
We are looking for a product leader to join our fast-paced and transformational start-up to manage various fraud initiatives. As a Group Product Manager, Fraud, Trust & Safety, you will have full responsibility for organizing and developing the product teams around the domain scope and align with the company's strategy. Through your teams, operational and analytics peers and stakeholders, you will develop and execute a long-term vision that will establish Beat, its systems and capabilities as the ride-sharing leader in trust and safety.
As a Group Product Manager at Beat, you will have the opportunity to create, lead and manage cross-functional teams of incredibly talented product managers, designers, engineers and data scientists with an ultimate goal to accelerate a sustainable growth of the marketplace by mitigating the impact of online and offline risks.
What you'll do day in day out:
- Shape and own Beat’s Trust & Safety product strategy and technology vision, review the respective product roadmaps and oversee its execution
- Grow, manage and hire a team of talented product managers
- Define, measure, and monitor objectives and key results for the portfolio of products under your scope
- Drive innovation, research and experimentation across teams
- Lead by example and be hands-on when necessary, with talking to customers, defining functional requirements or providing data insights
- Communicate and report overall status, primary metrics, key issues, solution plans and readiness timelines to senior management and executives
- Partner with Business Operations, Finance, Business Leaders and Local GMs to understand and translate the risk appetite of individual regions
- Guide and interface closely with data analysis and engineering teams to define scope, review and refine technical capabilities, prioritize projects for release, and define new opportunities
- Leverage your experience to propose, explore and drive new initiatives that are strengthening Beat's product portfolio
- Be an advocate for your scope within your domain by keeping up to date with technology and competition, and within the product chapter with product excellence and best practices
What you need to have:
- 7+ years of product management experience across consumer web/mobile, marketplace or a related field
- 5+ years of experience across Fraud and Risk
- 2+ years of management experience
- Proven experience in defining strategic vision and tactical execution in risk management
- Experience in iterative, agile software delivery, short release cycles and iterative delivery of a commercially available product
- Focus and scientific excellence on data and analytics to solve problems, and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- Tenacity to keep issues top of mind of relevant stakeholders and conviction to stand-by decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially to communicate effectively with senior executives.
What is nice to have:
- Knowledge of the ride-sharing industry
- Knowledge of payment landscape and risks in Latin America
- Experience shipping solutions based on machine learning
What's in it for you:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Flexible working hours, top line tools, Spanish lessons
- Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities
- Training Benefit for online courses or attending conferences
- Breakfast, high-quality daily lunch at a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Pension Benefit
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion