Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America and part of the international FreeNow Group owned by Daimler. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented People are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat’s footprint is rapidly expanding with current service in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina. Our global headquarters are in Athens and we are building our European headquarters in Amsterdam to attract the best talent in the world.
About the role
We constantly strive to innovate. Our systems are written in a modern, testable and object-oriented manner that promotes reusability, generic functionality and high performance. We are in the process of redefining our backend by re-architecting some of our core services as microservices. At the same time, we are integrating high throughput pipelines throughout our platform to enable rich insights for our data science and business intelligence teams. We seek people capable, willing and enthusiastic about participating in both maintaining our systems as well as building the next generation systems for our service.
Are you a Backend Engineer who has excellent problem solving skills and loves technical challenges? Can you deliver under pressure, take initiative, work well as part of a team? If yes, then join us and participate in building an amazing product with international reach!
Currently, our remote team are only based between UTC+0 - UTC+3, so you'll need to be located in that region too.
What you'll do day in day out:
- Design, develop, manage, and support web services (Restful APIs)
- Work in an agile cross-functional team
- Rearchitecting our monolithic codebase to microservice-based architecture, by building microservices mainly written in Go
- Work on observability, kubernatization, CI/CD, automated testing and documentation of microservices
- Solve scalability and performance issues at an operating environment that constantly evolves and grows
What you need to have:
- Solid understanding of OOP and Design Patterns in at least one of the following languages: Go, PHP, Python, C#, Java or Kotlin, with more than 3 years of experience
- Solid understanding of HTTP and RESTful web service design, implementation and maintenance
- Familiarity with Service Oriented Architectures
- Experience with MVC development frameworks and cascading modularity
- Knowledge and experience (modeling and architecture) of SQL and relational databases (MySQL)
- Experience with Docker
- Solid experience with Software Testing
- Experience in version control (Git preferably)
- Problem solving, debugging & troubleshooting skills
What's nice to have:
- Experience in Agile Methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience in DDD
- Experience with messaging systems like AWS SQS, Apache Kafka, etc.
- A DevOps/SRE mindset (Reliability, Observability, Infra as Code, Kubernetes)
- Experience with spatial data and queries
- Open-source contributions
What's in it for you:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Beat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button.
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools, Spanish Lessons
- Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry.
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion