Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
About the role
We constantly strive to innovate. Our systems are written in a modern, testable and object-oriented manner that promotes reusability, generic functionality and high performance. We are in the process of redefining our backend by re-architecting some of our core services as microservices. At the same time, we are integrating high throughput pipelines throughout our platform to enable rich insights for our data science and business intelligence teams. We seek people capable, willing and enthusiastic about participating in both maintaining our systems as well as building the next generation systems for our service.
Are you a Backend Engineer who has excellent problem solving skills and loves technical challenges? Can you deliver under pressure, take initiative, work well as part of a team? If yes, then join us and participate in building an amazing product with international reach!
What you'll do day in day out:
- Design, develop, manage, and support web services (Restful APIs)
- Work in an autonomous team of Backend Engineers, contributing to the entire SDLC (from Product ideation, through to deployment and support in production)
- Rearchitecting our monolithic codebase to microservice-based architecture, by building micro-services mainly written in Go
- Work on observability, kubernatization, CI/CD, contract testing and documentation of microservices
- Solve scalability and performance issues at an operating environment that constantly evolves and grows
What you need to have:
- Expert understanding of OOP and Design Patterns in at least one of the following languages: Go, PHP, Python, C#, Java or Kotlin, with more than 5 years of proven, production-grade software development expertise
- Understanding of SOA and RESTful web service design, implementation and maintenance
- Solid understanding of HTTP and Event Driven Architecture
- Experience with MVC development frameworks and cascading modularity
- Knowledge and experience (modeling and architecture) of SQL and relational databases (MySQL)
- Solid experience with Software Testing
- Experience in version control (Git preferably)
- Problem solving, debugging & troubleshooting skills
What's nice to have:
- Some knowledge (and experience) of non-relational databases (one or more of MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Experience with CI/CD / microservices orchestration / Jenkins deployment
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Message Brokers (Kafka, RabbitMQ) or Message Queueing
- Open source contributions
- Experience in AWS or Google Cloud
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Defined contribution Pension plan
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools.
- Work permit cost covered
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities
- Breakfast, high-quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.