Βeat is a mobile app that transforms the way people move in their cities. Tap a button on your smartphone and you get a ride in just a few minutes. Beat’s mission is to become part of people’s everyday life by making transportation more affordable, convenient, efficient, and safe while providing enormous economic opportunities to thousands of people who wish to earn extra income as drivers.
Beat is part of the FREE NOW group, the ride-hailing joint venture of BMW and Daimler. The app was founded in Athens, Greece, starting its life as “TaxiBeat”. Within 3 years of operations in the Greek capital, Beat extended its service in Latin America, starting from Peru. Today, it’s the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in this region, serving millions of rides every day. Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia and Mexico and has a Tech Innovation and Engineering Hub in the Netherlands.
About the team
The LatAm engineering team was formed in 2019 and it is currently based in Lima, Peru. We provide efficiency and automation to the Customer Experience (CX) area of BEAT through the use of different strategies such as RPA, systems integration, and web development. We are a highly collaborative team that seeks to provide the best customer experience to our users while using the latest tools & frameworks to build high-quality systems and adopt the industry's best practices. We want to truly understand what our CX colleagues and end-users need, so our engineers interact directly with business stakeholders on a daily basis. We use our combination of in-depth business understanding and technology skills to design and implement product solutions that connect and integrate systems and data sources across the organization to provide:
- Our end-users across all of LatAm (drivers and passengers) with self-service capabilities
- Our CX colleagues with the tools they use in their daily work to serve our customers efficiently and effectively
- Our decision-makers and analytics colleagues with insights and reporting capabilities allow them to track performance, identify improvement opportunities, and implement new programs.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Full Stack Engineer for our team in Lima to help us increase our technical capabilities. Having completed a development workflow is a must, so we seek people who have:
- Participated in analysis and design discussions for solutions proposals.
- Actively coded and have been part of the solution implementation.
- Tested the code with an automated approach.
- Delivered the code to production.
- Monitored and owned the solution in a live environment.
We expect the role to be able to think and build creatively, to understand the pros and cons of a solution, and to be able to work on different types of systems depending on the business requirements to deliver value to the end-users. This can range from building:
- web applications to
- browser & proprietary tool plugins, to
- system integrations, to
- real-time or batch-processed data pipelines that handle large quantities of data.
What you'll do:
- Work in an agile cross-functional team.
- Interact directly with business stakeholders to understand their challenges and needs
- Design and develop creative and diverse solutions that solve real problems for our CX colleagues and end-users
- Apply mature development practices such as observability, CI/CD, automated testing, and documentation.
- Own and operate your production solutions in a 24/7 business
- Collaborate with other international teams (e.g. Athens and Amsterdam) to implement high-level features.
What you’ll need to have:
- High customer obsession.
- Test automation is second nature and non-negotiable for you (especially low-level test automation techniques such as unit testing, but experience with integration and end-to-end testing is a plus)
- Demonstrated experience owning your services in production (observability: logging, monitoring, and alerting)
- Solid understanding of software design principles.
- Fluent in Python
- Experience with data modeling and relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres)
- Comfortable working with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience working with version control systems (e.g. Git or SVN).
- Experience working in agile teams with established development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, XP, Kanban)
- Experience working with (and preferably building/maintaining) CI/CD pipelines in tools such as Jenkins, Travis CI, and GitHub Actions
- Experience deploying and running your code in the Cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
What’s nice to have:
- Good proficiency in one or more common Python web frameworks such as Django and Flask
- Experience with asynchronous messaging technologies such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as (e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra, Aerospike)
- Experience with Binary protocols such as gRPC/Protobuf, Avro or Thrift
- Experience with Golang.
- Basic knowledge of IaC (e.g. Terraform)
- Comfortable with Kubernetes (don't worry, you won't be building or maintaining clusters but you do need to be able to work with them)
- Experience with Linting and code quality automation tools
What's in it for you:
- Competitive full-time salary
- 100% Private Health Coverage on the Company’s group program
- Legal life insurance since the first day of employment
- Beat rides! Travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools, English lessons
- Opportunities to participate in cutting-edge training and conferences of your choice in Peru and abroad
- A comfortable, stylish, friendly working environment with A-level professionals
- Healthy snacks all day long and a monthly benefit for lunch
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company
- Corporate Discount Program to be used in almost all LatAm countries
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion