Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test (SET) who can play a key role in driving the formation, implementation and continuous improvement of our testing processes and tooling.
You will be joining a growing team of talented engineering professionals responsible for a world class transportation app that is already used by thousands of users – and evolving at an ever increasing pace. We iterate rapidly by deploying code several times a day, and must rely on our test processes and infrastructure to pinpoint issues as quickly and as early as possible. In order to make this possible, we believe that quality should not be an afterthought and automation is key.
As a SET, you will be responsible for quality processes, strategy, planning, execution and automation within a Greenfield, highly complex and rapidly evolving product domain that consists primarily of ML-backed backend systems (think of fraud detection, dynamic pricing, payments, etc). Working as part of a cross-functional engineering team, you will be involved in all phases of the product development life cycle in order to achieve and maintain a high bar for test and code quality, efficiency and repeatability. For example, you will:
- Coach and support developers in building high quality product, efficient and repeatable test automation
- Collaborate with other SETs across the organisation to design, build and maintain tooling for test automation, coverage and reporting
- Participate in architectural discussions in order to guide and facilitate the design of testable systems
- Develop a deep understanding of the product domain and business requirements (both functional and non-functional)
- Collaborate closely with Product Team to define SMART and testable user stories
- Continuously evaluate and improve testing processes, approaches, and standards within the Beat organisation as a whole
- Make quality observable
This job is for you if you:
- have passion to quality any form and shape
- love coding
- believe that observability will bring quality to the next level
This job is not for you if you:
- are not excited about coaching your fellow developers in quality
- are only interested in building tools
- prefer to work alone rather than in team
- Highly experienced in designing and implementing test strategies and test plans with demonstrable knowledge of testing techniques, methodologies and approaches
- Demonstrable ability to design specific, repeatable, well-documented tests
- Proven experience implementing test automation and testing infrastructure (e.g. using CI/CD pipelines)
- Highly communicative and driven to collaborate with others
- Experience testing REST APIs and/or other technical interfaces
- Ability to display and convey thought leadership within your area of expertise
- Ability to coach teams on quality to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance, security, testability and experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
Want to know more? Keep reading or apply now :)
What's in it for you:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools, Spanish Lessons
- Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities
- Breakfast, high-quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- Commuter Benefits Program
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.