Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
About the role
Trust and confidence are fundamental to the Beat marketplace, and the Fraud, Safety & Identity team is charged with ensuring minimal impact of fraud while maintaining high standards of trust and safety to all customers. This involves enabling passengers to take rides with the appropriate fraud and risk checks, reducing fraud losses while not impacting growth, and paying the drivers securely in a seamless and frictionless manner.
Product owners at Beat own the end-to-end problem that they are trying to solve with their team. The ideal candidate possesses a very high level of product development and management expertise and is very experienced in utilizing information generated from fraud patterns, data and prior experience to create insights for cross-functional stakeholders that include engineers, analysts, research scientists and fraud operations.
What you'll do day in day out:
- Be the Product Owner driving our strategic product and technology vision for Trust & Safety.
- Develop and execute a customer-focused product roadmap via close collaboration with senior leadership, Engineering, data science Business Operations, and Safety operations.
- Work with your dedicated cross-functional team on shipping this product roadmap to market on time and on scope.
- Ensure a trustworthy user experience, before, during and after the trip, from a passengers and drivers point of view.
- Generate and use data to make informed decisions about what your team should work on next.
- Minimize user friction on mobile apps.
- Guide and interface closely with data analysis and engineering teams to define scope, review and refine technical capabilities, prioritize projects for release, and define new opportunities balancing risk and growth
- Communicate and report overall status, primary metrics, key safety issues and solution plans and readiness timelines to senior management and executives
- Partner with Business Operations, Finance, Business Leaders and Local GMs to manage the impact on growth of the overall Beat business and individual regions.
- Engage and collaborate with external vendors and partners.
What you need to have:
- 3+ years of product management experience in the tech industry
- 1+ years of experience in Trust & Safety at an online marketplace
- Proven experience in defining strategic vision and tactical execution to address ground safety challenges and in creating sustainable trust in core products and systems
- Experience in iterative, agile software delivery, short release cycles and iterative delivery of a commercially available product
- Focus and rigor on data and analytics to solve problems and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- Tenacity to keep issues top of mind of relevant stakeholders and conviction to stand-by decisions
- Agility to react to new threats and to thrive in a constantly changing environment
- Experience working with data scientists and machine learning engineers, knowledge of machine learning strategy and techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially to communicate effectively with senior executives
- Experience working with 3rd party trust & safety management solutions
What's nice to have:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or data-related domain
- Previous involvement with fast growing services, preferably App-based.
- Familiarity with online and offline user experience in Latin American cities
- Experience in UI/UX testing and validation
What's in it for you:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Defined contribution Pension plan
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools.
- Work permit cost covered
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities
- Breakfast, high-quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.