Beanstalk is a high growth startup building vertical farms to locally grow fresh produce.
We convert urban warehouses to high tech vertical farms using our proprietary technology. Our farms increase the taste, nutrition, and availability of produce, while also conserving resources and guaranteeing quality and safety.
You have a strong work ethic and high standards for safety and quality. You are known for being reliable and always keen to help. You love getting your hands dirty and working within a team of other farmers.
About the Role
As a Farm Hand / Laborer at Beanstalk, you will assist our farm operations team in running our production farm. This is a hands-on job where you will join a team responsible for fulfilling our customers’ orders by growing, packaging, and delivering our produce.
- Work with tools & machinery to conduct farming operations including harvesting, seeding, packaging and cleaning
- Use our software to track crops through each step in the production process
- Ensure all farm equipment is clean and in good, working order
- Ensure all final products meet our strict food safety and quality standards
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment
- Observe and follow established health and safety standards
- Observe and follow our production procedures and policies
- Notify management immediately of any system failures or issues
- Collaborate with internal teams to test and integrate new systems into the production facility
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Have a reliable form of transportation to Herndon, VA
- Able to commit to a consistent schedule, including public holidays. Workdays could be 10 hour days for 4 days or 8 hour days for 5 days as required by the farm. (to be discussed in interview)
- Ability to use a tablet or smartphone
- Able to lift and move heavy objects (up to 45 pounds)
- Comfortable standing for hours at a time
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Experience in farming, gardening services, nurseries, foodservice or manufacturing a plus
- Interest in plant and environmental science a plus
Benefits & Salary
- Free healthcare insurance and dental insurance
- Paid sick leave
- Paid time off
- 1 catered meal per week for our team lunch