Beanstalk’s mission is to grow the world’s appetite for fresh produce.
We grow pesticide-free, local produce in autonomous, vertical farms. To increase the taste, nutrition, and availability of produce, we’ve created a new type of farm that conserves resources, guarantees quality and safety, and delivers a better experience for consumers and buyers.
You want to use your experience in operations to bring locally grown food into your community. You believe food should be grown on a sustainable, well-run farm by people who love what they do. You have relentless attention to detail and high standards for safety and quality. You are known for being reliable and always sharpening your skills.
About the Role
As an Indoor Farmer at Beanstalk, you will assist our farm operations team in running our production farm. You will use next-gen technology to grow healthy food for your community. This is a hands-on job where you will join a team responsible for fulfilling our customers’ orders by growing, packaging, and shipping our produce.
- Work with robots and automated machinery to conduct farming operations
- Use our software to track crops through each step in the production process
- Ensure all farm equipment is clean and in good, working order
- Ensure all final products meet our strict food safety and quality standards
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment
- Observe and follow established health and safety standards
- Observe and follow our production procedures and policies
- Notify management immediately of any system failures or issues
- Collaborate with internal teams to test and integrate new systems into the production facility
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Have a reliable form of transportation to Lorton, VA
- Able to commit to a consistent schedule, including some holidays
- Ability to use a tablet or smartphone
- Comfortable using spreadsheets and word processors (Google Docs, Word, Excel)
- Able to lift and move heavy objects (up to 45 pounds)
- Comfortable standing for hours at a time
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Experience in a foodservice or manufacturing
- Experience as a health professional: personal trainer, fitness instructor, etc.
- ServSafe certification
- Free healthcare insurance and dental insurance
- Paid sick leave
- Paid time off
- 1 catered meal per week for our team lunch
- Opportunity for promotions
- Opportunity to learn about engineering, health, fabrication, software, hardware, plant science, finance