You want to use your experience in software engineering to design and build software and systems that will run, analyze, and improve our vertical farms. You are known for being inventive, curious, and staying up to date with the latest tools. You love computing and think of technology as a superpower. Most importantly, you want to use your abilities to create technology that will improve the communities you live in and the world around you.
About the Role
We engineer our farms to operate as advanced manufacturing lines. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will lead the development of new services and applications to control robotic machines, environmental systems, and other industrial systems. You will use our proprietary robotic development kit (RDK) which brings industrial machine control into a modern software development environment. Beanstalk's RDK ties our machinery to our cloud based farm operating system that orchestrates farming operations. You will work directly with company leadership, operations personnel, to design, develop, and launch new applications and features that bring new machines to life and advance the digital systems of our farm.
Your priority is to build the brains of a modern vertical farm. You will be creating user-facing applications to guide operators in the farm, and cloud-based systems that will control custom-built machines to seed, harvest, and process millions of pounds of produce. In doing so, you will:
- Work with a team of mechanical, electrical, chemical, and systems engineers to design and build next-generation farming technology
- At the machine level, work with prototype robotic designs to write software (python or typescript and C++) to control actuators and sensors.
- Enable machines to communicate to cloud based systems (python / typescript)
- Create web applications to enable operators / technicians to interact with machinery.
- Integrate with REST APIs, GraphQL endpoints, and WebSockets
- Integrate with, manipulate, and display telemetric data from farms
- Build multimodal user interfaces for employees and consumers
- 5 (or more!) years of full-time experience as a software engineer
- Proficient with web frontend technology (React, TypeScript, etc)
- Experience with embedded systems or IoT devices (Arduino, ESP32, Particle, etc.)
- Experience with writing automated unit and integration tests
- Experience with git
- Familiar with design tools (Figma, Sketch, etc)
- Experience with databases (relational and/or NoSQL)
- Familiar with Linux
- Owned and led the delivery of major features and components