About the Role
We're looking for an experienced Agile Delivery Manager to join our rapidly expanding Engineering team. As Agile Delivery Manager you will be responsible for the output of 2 delivery teams, continuously optimising process flow, removing any obstacles, and ensuring the team is enabled to achieve its delivery goals. You will also be providing guidance to the scrum teams and product owners, championing delivery while ensuring all agile practices are followed by all team members.
You are someone who is passionate about enabling teams to continuously optimise delivery and use flow optimisation/quality KPIs to help achieve outstanding results. The right person for the role will have a good grasp of what it means to be a servant-leader, fostering a culture of collaboration and of continuous improvement with a high degree of transparency to ensure the teams grow and achieve their goals.
We you'll get up to in the role...
- Accountable for agile delivery across 2 delivery teams
- Keep teams focused by ensuring the teams deliver to sprint/release commitments by effectively eliminating blockers
- Tracking and reporting of KPIs such as cycle time, velocity and progress through sprints thereby helping to optimise delivery flow and quality KPIs (number of bugs/split per severity/bug cycle time etc)
- Managing the teams delivery plan, schedule and operational board to ensure information is up to date and accurate
- Managing the teams’ backlog, ensuring it has enough buffer, correct priorities, stories are well understood, have adequate acceptance criteria in alignment with definition of done
- Facilitating process related ceremonies (refinement, planning, standups, demos and retrospectives)
- Ensure efficient knowledge transfer/documentation within the team as well as relevant team’s knowledge dissemination within the Engineering organisation
We think that these factors can help you succeed in this role...
- 5 years+ in engineering industry, including 3 years of working as agile coach/scrum master
- Excellent communicator and facilitator, able to focus team on delivery
- Experience in working with teams delivering multi-tenanted B2C or B2B SaaS/PaaS/IaaS cloud based services at scale
- Excellent analytical skills and experience of flow optimisation
- Excellent project management skills (planning/risk management/communication and reporting) and proven experience of running SCRUM/Kanban
- Excellent understanding of software development lifecycle from discovery to operations including CICD processes and practices
- Experience of using Jira and Confluence or similar project/document management tooling
Beamery is a hive buzzing with excitement! We are one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the UK and London's top HR tech startup, disrupting recruitment with our Talent Operating System and building the world's smartest Talent Data Platform driving intelligence, insights and innovation around candidates, skillsets, diversity and more. Our customers include renowned brands (Nasdaq, AstraZeneca, Zoom, Zalando, Grab), undisclosed names (some of the world's largest organizations!) and many more coming on board in 2021.
Our team includes alumni from Spotify, PayPal, NVIDIA, DAZN, ORACLE, Starling Bank, etc. and everyone at Beamery brings something special. You could be just what we need. We seek and welcome people from diverse backgrounds who bring with them a variety of work and life experiences. We recognize there’s a lot of work to be done and we’re constantly looking for ways to bridge the diversity gap. We believe Beamery and the tech industry as a whole can only gain by providing opportunities to underrepresented groups and elevating their perspectives so that our culture, products and relationships are sensitive, inclusive and well-rounded.
Our tech stack includes Node.js, React, Golang, Kubernetes, GCP, Google Cloud Functions, Kafka, MongoDB, Istio, Terraform, etc. We believe in empowering teams to be autonomous and self-led to address our many interesting and meaty technical and organizational challenges.
People have joined Beamery for a variety of reasons: because of the category-defining product and the opportunity to disrupt how companies hire, because of the challenges and thrill of working in a fast-growing company while building out our engineering culture, or quite commonly because of the people they met in the hiring process and just resonated with.
Some of the things we’re working on this year include...
- Using artificial intelligence and a knowledge graph so recruiters can find the right candidates with the right skills faster
- Enabling data-informed talent transformation via dashboards that provide deep insights into efficiencies and bottlenecks in recruitment workflows
- Going from candidate-centric external recruitment to employee-centric internal mobility to help companies retain talent through internal opportunities
- Leveraging our Talent Data Platform to integrate with partners and enable them to use our refined enriched data to help our customers’ workflows, cementing Beamery’s place at the centre of the talent software ecosystem