Beacon Biosignals is seeking a Human Resources Director to join our rapidly growing neurotech company and to accelerate our mission to make brain monitoring easily accessible, interpretable, and actionable. As HR Director, you'll work with neurologists, research scientists, data scientists and engineers to build out the people operations infrastructure to drive advancements in brain health.
As Beacon's HR Director, you'll...
- act as a resource and trusted partner to employees by advising on processes, procedures, or providing the information needed on general employment topics
- advise, address, and resolve employee relations issues in conjunction with managers, including investigations
- create and manage both local and remote employee onboarding experience, access, and setup
- oversee and execute personnel processes, including compensation increases, promotions, talent reviews, and performance management
- oversee all benefits functions from administration including vendor selection, open enrollment, and ongoing benefits administration. Play an administrative role in HRIS, payroll, benefits including paid time off, leaves of absence, etc
- ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliances
- build out programs to support diversity, equity, and inclusion at Beacon
- assist with the development, roll-out, and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align Beaconeers with the company’s strategic goals
At Beacon, we believe a diverse team builds more robust systems and achieves higher impact. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply!
- You have 6+ years of experience in full life cycle corporate recruiting and 2 years of management experience, preferably within a Series A - Series C startup.
- You have experience supporting a rapidly growing company with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You are able to make tough decisions and deal with difficult situations professionally and confidentially.
- You have an understanding of employment law and the ability to mitigate risk while developing internal policies and procedures.
- You have strong organizational and communication skills.
- You are a critical thinker who dives into data to better inform decisions.
- Bonus: You have experience with HRIS Systems (Gusto), Quickbooks, Greenhouse, G-suite/MS-suite.
- Bonus: You have an HR Certification, such as SHRM-CP/SCP or PHR/SPHR.
- Bonus: You have previous experience in a medical/biotech/healthcare startup.
Not sure if you meet 100% of our qualifications? There are numerous reports that systemically marginalized people (e.g. women) are less likely to apply for a job, but are more likely to be hired if they do apply. If you think you could thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply even if not every bullet perfectly describes you.