Beacon Biosignals is seeking a Front End Engineer to help lead the development of the Beacon Portal, a React/TypeScript application that facilitates fundamental visualization, labeling, and report generation workflows atop all of Beacon's biosignal data.
As a Front End Engineer, you'll work directly with the Beacon Portal team to drive forward new EEG analysis at scale by building a product that tightens the feedback loop between clinicians and data scientists that are trying to develop better treatments for neurological disease.
- ...design/implement biosignal annotation workflows that are uniquely augmented by Beacon's machine learning models.
- ...draw inspiration from game design methodology to make EEG analysis fun, iterative, and efficient for expert users.
- ...collaborate directly with designers, stakeholders, neurologists, and data scientists to build a product that accelerates treatment development.
- ...leverage your React/TypeScript skillset to build a well-curated codebase that delivers a fast, robust application.
At Beacon, we believe a diverse team builds more robust systems and achieves higher impact. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply!
- You're excited to build better workflows for clinicians and data scientists to achieve better outcomes for patients.
- You keep yourself up to date on the latest developments in the React ecosystem, and have an eye for the important details of React-specific idioms.
- You've collaborated on robust, well-developed React applications, but have also grappled with ramshackle, scrappy codebases. You know how to grow the latter into the former to level up both the product and the team.
- You take full advantage of the TypeScript compiler's guarantees to write robust code that eliminates categories of problems, instead of just addressing the code smells.
- You're familiar with GraphQL-based APIs, and can build consumers that scale well.
- You're adept at identifying optimization bottlenecks, and debuggers and code profiling tools are an important part of your toolkit.
- You believe that "looks great" does not necessarily equal "feels great"...but your favorite applications accomplish both!
- You take joy in code composability and extensibility, but have also witnessed the damage that results from leaky abstractions.
- You know that UI/UX optimization for expert users is a game in which minuscule details can wreck workflows or convert users to evangelists in equal measure.
- You consider unit tests and integration tests to be table stakes for every contribution. You're keen on the use of frameworks such as Jest and Cypress to keep code quality high and catch bugs earlier in the development cycle.
Beacon Biosignals is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.