Our mission is to become a global leader in logistics and supply chain finance by making trade simpler, more transparent and reliable for businesses.
From our heritage at Uber and Amazon, we bring together a team with deep expertise in logistics, technology and hyper-growth. We are passionate about customer experience and dedicated to drastically simplifying how companies import and export goods globally. We use best-in-class technology including data science, AI & machine learning techniques to drive disruption and efficiency in a centuries old industry.
Do more than you ever thought possible – have more impact than you ever imagined.
What you’ll do:
- Be a full-fledged member of the senior leadership team and work daily with the CEO to understand their objectives and act as a confidant, ‘truth teller’ and sounding board.
- Define the way information flows to the CEO to ensure that the CEO is always prepared, rarely surprised and has the data, as well as, the time & space to make the right decisions quickly.
- Work with the Executive Assistant team to ensure the best use of the CEO’s time, i.e. be the ‘air traffic controller’ for the CEO and the senior leadership team.
- Ensure follow-ups happen, without the CEO needing to check that what has been agreed has been actioned & implemented.
- Act as an extension of the CEO in select meetings, empowered to act on the CEO’s behalf – this requires humility, maturity, and situational sensitivity.
- Be the ‘extra eyes and ears’ of the CEO to alert them to potential risks and bottlenecks in processes, resourcing or cross-team coordination.
- Streamline communication across the company – both for specific projects and on day-to-day work - unlocking information flow across teams to break down silos between departments.
- Work with the CEO to refine the CEO’s message to ensure that it is clear and well understood by both direct reports and the broader business – e.g. in all-company emails and presentations.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity or a high-growth start up environment.
- MBA is preferred or other graduate degree is preferred.
- Well-developed project-management skills – being organised and disciplined, showing attention to detail, and following up doggedly to ensure the right results.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication – ability to tailor messaging to the right audience (e.g. CEO’s direct reports vs. company-wide communication) and have the ‘room presence’ / gravitas to represent the CEO.
- Experience in influencing & navigating across complex stakeholders relationships across multiple interdependent teams – including ability to handle inter-team friction and pushback effectively, as needed.
- Experience and comfort with data analysis, interpretation of data & use of data to influence and drive decision making.
- Good intuitive understanding of human behaviour and relationships to guide the CEO and ensure they understand any risks / potential pitfalls in decisions and communications.
Salary - Competitive