The Developer Experience (DX) Team aims to build tools and processes, and integrate third-party software that increases Beacon’s engineers productivity. You will identify and implement tools and products that they enjoy using, making their journey in the company unforgettable and enabling new engineers to be immediately productive.
Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you’ll do:
- Continuously understand and improve Beacon Engineers’ tools and automations
- Pick new work autonomously, working to unblock yourself when stuck either by reaching out for help or finding other solutions in an asynchronous, remote, distributed culture
- Write clear documentation, tests, and recommendations for technical problems
- Provide compassionate pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others, including providing thoughtful, constructive feedback
- Delivering delightful improvement to Beacon’s engineers in an Agile way.
What you’ll need:
- Passionate about improving developer experience and productivity, with a desire to automate
- Experience with service development and integration with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or equivalent Cloud infrastructure providers
- Experience in Java, C#, C++, Go, Kotlin or other modern object-oriented programming language
- Experience in Typescript, Python, bash, Ruby or other scripting language
- Be comfortable with written and oral communication in English and ability to explain technical issues and mentoring other engineers
- Have a passion for building simple and elegant software solutions.