Construct, lead and drive our data governance roadmap, working collaboratively across teams to ensure compliance, educate and enhance the usability of data across the company.
Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you’ll do:
- Construct, own and drive Beacon’s Data Governance roadmap
- Devise and implement an enterprise wide data governance framework, with a focus on maintaining a high level of data quality, the protection of sensitive data and enhancing the usability of data within Beacon’s systems
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance to establish clear accountability for each of the company’s principal information assets
- Liaise with Business and Functional areas and Technology, facilitate clear communication between them and ensure Beacon’s data strategy is executed effectively
- Define, measure and report on metrics for data performance and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities
- Play an integral part in ensuring high data literacy across the company
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of proven successes in a Data Governance role or related field
- Strong stakeholder management and collaboration skills
- An ability to develop strong, cooperative working relationships
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals
- Communication and comprehension skills which allow you to bridge to the language divide between technical and non-technical audiences
- An understanding of data architecture methodologies and how to work within them