Own the eventing/messaging platform used by all engineers across Beacon, develop tooling that allows engineers to quickly and reliably publish and consume events in a self-service manner and define operability and reliability metrics for keeping the platform healthy.
Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you'll do:
- Own the eventing/messaging platform used by all engineers across Beacon
- Develop tooling that allows engineers to quickly and reliably publish and consume events in a self-service manner
- Define operability and reliability metrics for keeping the platform healthy
- Automate operations following best practices
- Advocate and document best practices for event-driven architectures
- Mentor other engineers, fostering a culture of mutual respect and engineering excellence
What you'll need:
- 4+ years experience working with streaming platforms based on Kafka or Kinesis
- 4+ years experience working with CDC
- Solid software engineering background with Java, Python or Go
- Solid experience with CI/CD and Infrastructure-as-Code
- Solid experience with AWS/GCP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team spirit and easy-going attitude