Design, develop and deploy the software that runs Beacon’s customer and operations platform and provide compassionate technical mentorship, pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others, including providing thoughtful, constructive feedback.
Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you’ll do:
- Be hands on within a feature-driven team in an agile environment designing, developing and deploying the software that runs Beacon’s customer and operations platform
- Pick new work autonomously, working to unblock yourself when stuck either by reaching out for help or finding other solutions in an asynchronous, remote, distributed culture
- Write clear documentation, tests, and recommendations for technical problems
- Provide compassionate technical mentorship, pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others, including providing thoughtful, constructive feedback
- Be a key contributor in shaping Beacon’s front-end software architecture
- Have the freedom and encouragement to create and innovate on behalf of our customers
What you’ll need:
- Hands-on experience developing commercial software products
- Strong knowledge of service-oriented development, micro-service architecture principles, and continuous development / continuous integration best practices
- Experience with service development on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or equivalent Cloud infrastructure providers
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and ability to explain succinctly complex technical issues.
- Have a passion for building simple, elegant software solutions of high quality