Lead teams who are at the forefront of providing amazing customer experiences through effective management of shipments, proactive problem solving and navigating the complex world of international trade. Enable, support and empower your teams to do their best possible work and play an active role in the operations leadership team.
Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you'll do:
- Manage and nurture Asia-based stakeholders (both customers and their suppliers).
- Be responsible for local operations and communications for active bookings from shipper booking request and receipt through to vessel/flight departure.
- Create a culture of data integrity with your team by ensuring Back Office and trackers are kept accurate and up-to-date.
- Problem solve day-to-day operational issues to drive excellent customer experience e.g. source alternative booking & storage options.
- Be the voice of the customer internally to inform and drive strategic decision making e.g. product feedback.
What you'll need:
- A minimum of 6 years experience working in the freight industry, working with suppliers and customers.
- Fluency in Mandarin and English.
- Experience managing capacity planning and bookings process.
- Experience serving customer needs and managing shipments end to end.
- Ability to work autonomously, contribute to process development.