Build, develop and implement a world class partner procurement and operations strategy by managing our freight forward partners across Asia that help deliver local operations on behalf of Beacon. You will develop and assessment and onboarding process that enables us to manage effective relationships with our partners as we scale.
Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you'll do:
- Identify freight forwarding partners across Asia that will help execute local operations on behalf of Beacon.
- Build, develop and implement a world class partner procurement and operations strategy for Beacon.
- Develop assessment criteria and on-boarding processes for future partners.
- Performance and relationship manage our existing and future partners, ensuring adherence to service level agreements and standard operating procedures through daily, weekly, and monthly review sessions.
- Work with partners to ensure adequate staffing resources to accommodate hyper-growth across trade lanes and mode of transport.
- Drive remediation plans for deviations and incidents across our partner network, and identify opportunities for optimisation to mitigate future issues.
- Collaborate with our product, operations and sales teams to build amazing on-boarding & allocation processes for our partners.
What you'll need:
- At least 6 years experience working in freight and logistics, with demonstrated experience in performance management.
- An existing network of management-level industry contacts.
- A positive, customer-centric approach to solving problems and providing best-in-class service.
- Desire and motivation to build – given that we are a start up there are plenty of opportunities to influence and shape our operational strategy.
- Hyper-organised with strong attention to detail.
- Strong presentation and written capabilities.