We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Experience Design Directors at BCGDV
Experience Design Directors at BCGDV lead multiple innovation driven ventures with interdisciplinary teams. They provide value by elevating the quality of design, feasibility, workflow, collaboration, client/partner relationship, and mentorship of designers’ apprenticeship and growth. Directors are expected to be inspiring, nurturing, craft oriented, and able to add value throughout numerous stages in the creation of new ventures with:
- Credible and intuitive approach for the way digital products are conceived and designed with research based insights to create new market opportunities for ventures
- The ability to guide and contribute to interdisciplinary teams through planning, research, workshops, strategy development, concept and product definition as well as all phases of design. We need someone who can be strategic product owner, a team player, and a skilled client partner all rolled into one.
- The ability to be decisive and excited to lead their team forward—we need someone who will never tire of pushing the work to be better while being accountable for design team members enjoying the process.
As an Experience Design Director, you will use your skills to:
- Create unique products and culturally-relevant solutions to engage users with valuable experiences
- Communicate and defend the venture design team’s vision to managing directors, product managers, venture architects, clients and customers to test and explore venture opportunities
- Be hands-on in problem-solving with the Strategic Designers, Venture Architects and Product Managers
- Create design briefs that outline clear design intent for iterations, prioritized concepts and timelines
- Foster innovation among members of the design team as well as with other cohorts
- Help shape the BCGDV design discourse, engage with the community at a local level and help designers become better practitioners through career and skill development.
- Contribute to an award winning, talent-attracting, and productive design culture in the office, by leading through design activities and through proven and consistent management practices
- Evolve and guide best practices in the usage of the design patterns, frameworks, tools and processes
- Support the team in a hands-on manner as they construct rapid interactive prototypes that illustrate features with micro-interactions, behaviors, and transitions as appropriate, that present a realistic feel of the intended experience
- Liaise with the Engineering and Go-To-Market teams during the incubation and commercialization phases as the venture matures
- Anticipate the needs of a highly functional teaming culture in ways that align with BCGDV values
As an Experience Design Director, you will need:
- A truly impressive background with experience creating mobile apps, websites, and software applications
- 10+ years experience, with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role with direct reports
- A portfolio of human-centered digital products for various clients across multiple platforms that you have not only had oversight, but were also a hands-on contributor in the creation of
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in interaction design or another relevant design field
- Experience in a start-up environment with demonstrable exposure to cross-discipline processes
- A background working directly with product managers, digital producers, engineers and developers on the faithful implementation of design intent
- Experience with workshops, client management and design presentation for every imaginable situation
- Engaging presentation style and visual communication skills
- Openness to broad feedback and the verbal ability to defend key design choices the team is vested in
- Proven knowledge of the fundamentals: UX, UI, IA, Communication design, Production design as well as new platforms and technologies
- Ability to provide hands-on contribution and direction as well as timely and helpful feedback to improve design processes that keep work on budget and schedule
- Ability to balance bold leadership skills with humble servant leadership with reliable collaboration
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term need. Timelines, budgets and availabilities change, and we need leaders who can improvise in ways that empower the team to create better products without being stressfully overextended
- Express a strategic perspective on the variety of BCGDV ventures – we critique or work to improve it and rely on directors vision to steer them in innovative ways
- Be enthusiastic, flexible and professional with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude with teaming focused efforts
- Recommend incentives to retain top talent and promote creativity
- Interact with all levels and cohorts with clear, consistent, and transparent communications
- Embody honesty, trust and respect for your colleagues
- Willingness to travel
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.