We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
Backed by a Fortune 500 conglomerate with deep ties to this industry and BCGDV, this venture is uniquely positioned to disrupt a multi-billion-dollar financial services industry. Through the application of cutting-edge technology, product advantages and deep market relationships, we will provide a smart digital experience for our yet to be disclosed target market.
We are looking for an experienced technology leader to lead the Engineering team and set the technical direction for a new venture. The Head of Engineering will be responsible for delivery of the product and business, including the design of technical architecture, hiring the engineering team, and maintaining continuity between the venture, corporate partner, and contracted engineering resources. He/she will work closely with other functional teams, such as product and design, to ensure the venture team is focused on doing the right thing, at the right time, in the right way.
The Head of Engineering will keep lockstep with all members of the development team on a day-to-day basis to ensure dependencies are addressed, blockers are dealt with, and the rest of the team is made aware of potential delays.
In this role you will:
- Demonstrate Technical Leadership & Project Management
- Oversee all aspects of the engineering organization, including technical strategy, technology blueprint, hiring and retaining talent and best practices & technology stacks
- Develop solution architecture for core banking services in collaboration with corporate partner
- Engage with technical partners and stakeholders to navigate challenges and identify risks and opportunities for the company
- Define and manage the technology landscape and blueprint for entire solution stack
- Work closely with lead engineers and architects to own the architecture and component strategy
- Collaborate on the product roadmap and actively engage in sprint planning, delivery and management of releases
- Provide expert technical thought-partnership to all functional areas, including strategy, operations, sales and product
- Ensure consistent best practices, processes, and procedures for software development, quality assurance, and operations
- Manage the technology and vendor selection processes supporting build-buy-partner decisions
- Identify risks and opportunities for the venture
- DemonstrateTeam Leadership
- Mentor, motivate and grow engineering teams to support a vibrant and productive engineering culture
- Coordinate recruiting efforts across engineering units to ensure consistency and continued excellence
- Oversee IT spend and financial reporting
You should have:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of experience of building large-scale digital products within a high growth, global, matrixed environment
- 3+ years of experience in developing solution architecture and leading engineering teams for digital product development and complex (enterprise) system integration projects
- Proven ability to set technical vision and build the technical product roadmap from launch to scale; Drive continuous product improvement; Effectively align resources to achieve key business priorities, including appropriate scope, high quality and timely product releases
- Experience in establishing product sustainability (e.g. disaster recovery, business continuity plan etc.)
- Hands on skills in one or more object-oriented programming languages (Java-Spring Boot preferred, Go, Node.js, Python-Django)
- Experience with building scalable and reusable service-based architectures including APIs, serverless, and microservices frameworks
- Experience with data streaming, ETL and messaging/integration platforms & frameworks like Apache Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Redshift etc.
- Experience with backend/platform engineering, scaling performance engineering, security, Disaster Recovery, etc.
- Experience building complex API integrations with multiple SaaS, BaaS and Legacy Enterprise service bus integrations
- Strong understanding of information security and regulatory compliance (PCI, PII, and/or HIPAA)
- Strong knowledge of DevOps and cloud infrastructure services (AWS and Azure preferred)
- Experience with following is a plus: API Gateways, React, Serverless, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Cloudformation/Terraform
Additional desired competencies:
- A demonstrated history of accountability and performance delivery, leading teams to meet or exceed objectives
- Firm grasp of organizational dynamics and decision-making
- A very strong track record of collaborating across business divisions including IT
- A consistent record of rolling out digital products following Agile methodologies and different investment models
- Proven ability to build and lead a high-performing, innovative team
- Ability to identify opportunities and challenges in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of technological advancements and innovation to mitigate impediments and drive success
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including requirements analysis, debugging and risk assessment
- Excellent social, writing and verbal communication skills
To learn more, visit us at bcgdv.com
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.