About the Team
Organization Focus Areas:
New Verticals -
- Consumer Experience - Create new shopping experiences that bring new types of goods to DoorDash. Solve consumer problems like selection, large catalogs, personalization, recommendation, and search.
- Dasher Experience - Create new earnings opportunities for Dashers by enabling them to do more than one type of job. Enable Merchants to lever a massive pool of flexible labor for tasks like shopping or filling prescriptions.
- Merchant Experience - Retailers face huge issues with knowing what's on their shelves ( inventory, in-store intelligence) and what new products they should stock. Help them gain insight into this so they can start, run and grow digital businesses.
- Dashmart - Create the most unique and personalized local store by running DD owned and operated stores. Solve problems like selection intelligence (what to carry), locally specific selection, warehouse and supply chain management, and ultimately create warehousing capability for Merchants.
- Category Expansion - Create native shopping experiences for emerging categories like alcohol, pharma, & retail. Help brick & mortar stores deliver unprecedented convenience (30 min vs. 2 day delivery), and build a virtual main street for customers to browse & order from their neighborhood.
Business Platform -
- Drive Merchant - Allow any merchant to plug into DoorDash's fulfillment capabilities and enable delivery on their own apps and websites. Roles on this team include delivering tools to help merchants manage and gain insights on their business, as well as delivering technical products like our universal API for local commerce.
- Drive Services - Build on top of delivery to create merchant-facing services like support, CRM, and marketing. As more and more customer interactions happen on the DoorDash platform, allow merchants to customize these interactions and become the customer engagement service for them.
- Drive Fulfillment - Create a logistics network that can deliver anything, from food to groceries to household goods to medicines to parcels. Enable merchants who aren't restaurants to take advantage of these capabilities to build their own off-premise businesses.
- Storefront - Create the best online ordering service for merchants. Most small merchants today don't have access to the tools they need to build their digital audiences. Create the website, delivery system, promotional and marketing tools they need to run their own pickup and delivery businesses.
About the Role
The New Verticals & Business Platform team's mission is to enable local commerce for any kind of good and any customer whether inside or outside DD. Going beyond restaurant food into categories like Grocery and Convenience, our team builds the consumer, dasher, and merchant experiences to unlock these new verticals. This team also builds our direct-to-customer platform with products like Drive (delivery-as-a-service) and Storefront (ordering-as-a-service), letting local merchants of all kinds use DoorDash technology and logistics to interact with their own customers.
We're excited about you because…
- Track record of impact - you've been in the trenches and have a proven track record of driving significant, company-wide impact
- Bias to action and agility - you move quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment. No job is beneath you and you lead from the front.
- "Break through walls" mentality - you are always pushing the envelope of what is possible and can figure out a way to make almost anything happen. You're a playmaker.
- 4+ years of Product Management experience
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.