About the Team
This Bbot team is launching and scaling the products and services that help merchants improve and automate all the key components of the in-store dining experience.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for an engineering manager with strong product sense to oversee the Bbot Engineering org. The in-store experience is central to the DoorDash mission of empowering local businesses to thrive in a convenience-based economy. There's a wide breadth of problems to build for across mobile, web, and backend
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build a world-class experience and platform for in-store ordering, kitchen operations, and internal tooling
- Provide technical guidance and leadership for a fast-growing team
- Engage with key business stakeholders to define the roadmap and vision
- Collaborate with the Sales & Operations teams to define and execute on efficiency improvements
- Scale the team by developing existing team members and attracting world-class talent
We’re excited about you because…
- You have BS, M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- You have 3+ years of experience in engineering management leading teams of 10+
- You have 5+ years of experience as an engineer in a product-focused development environment
- You’re a hands-on technical leader with strong product intuition
- You’ve led full-stack engineering teams (backend, web, and mobile)
- You’re an owner - focused and motivated to take ownership of your technical area
- You're humble - willing to jump in and open to feedback
- You're empathetic - you have deep care for your customers and your team in order to balance product priorities and team morale
- You are adaptable and resilient - things change quickly in our fast-paced environment
- You’re growth-minded - eager to expand your skill set and carve out your path
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.