About the Team
At DoorDash, people are our most important asset. The HR Business Partner team works closely with leaders across our business to align people and strategy. Our HRBPs assess, coach and influence the business as we scale and evolve to enable our teams to accomplish amazing things.
About the Role
The HR Business Partner will partner with BBot, a newly acquired entity within DoorDash. This person will work closely with the leadership to continue to support a successful integration of BBot to the broader DoorDash team. The HRBP will work on a range of projects including organizational design and effectiveness, workforce planning, performance management, retention, diversity, equity and inclusion and more. There will be strong partnerships with our various centers of excellence to meet the needs of this growing and evolving business. This role reports to the Senior HRBP Manager.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Coach business leaders on implementing a people strategy, including team structure (organizational design), retention techniques, performance management, compensation, succession planning, etc.
- Partner with senior business leadership to define, execute, and track progress against org-specific people strategy Objectives & Key Results (OKRs).
- Empower managers to build amazing teams.
- Assess employee development needs and recommend solutions.
- Lead business groups through DoorDash’s people programs (engagement surveys, performance and compensation reviews, talent development, etc.).
- Partner with the Culture, Belonging, and People Growth team to effectively execute our diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy.
- Be a key contributor to re-imagining or up-leveling company-wide People Programs, such as the Performance Review process, Employee Voice Survey, and Manager Development training.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5+ years of HR/People experience with 2+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced, high-performance culture where the business is constantly evolving.
- You possess a strong knowledge of employment law.
- You have the ability to think critically and anticipate issues before they arise, and proactively suggest long-term solutions.
- You have excellent judgment and the ability to make sound decisions independently.
- You possess an exceptional ability to prioritize and manage time effectively – you naturally focus on the right things and can seamlessly move between projects & tasks, without losing sight of what's important to do.
- You feel comfortable working with data and spreadsheets, and are able to turn data into insights.
- You’re an outstanding communicator with relationship-building skills. You know when to listen, as well as when to speak up.
- You have an owner mentality – you can't remember the last time you said: "that's not my problem".
- You’re passionate about helping and empowering others.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.