Do you have a passion for helping those with special needs live safely and more independently at home and in their community? Are you looking for a career in Home Care, but lack the required experience needed to be considered?
Bayada Habilitation is now hiring for their Habilitation Technician Apprentice Program. We are seeking individuals with a passion for direct care who put their clients care first and who are willing to learn on the job.
- Erie, PA
Our program is a fully paid learning experience consisting of both virtual classroom and on the job training for individuals as they gain the necessary experience to care for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in their home and communities. The program educates on the fundamentals of caring for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and our hands on support team works one on one with our apprentices as they develop on the job skills needed for care.
With a focus on ensuring safety and teaching clients to do things for themselves, the Direct Support Professional/ DSP performs a variety of additional support services such as:
- Providing personal care assistance (dressing, grooming)
- Accompanying clients on errands and appointments
- Spending time on favorite hobbies and activities
- Assisting with everyday tasks such as meal preparation
- Participating in community integration activities
In addition to paid training and education, individuals in our program enjoy benefits such as:
- Weekly pay
- Flexible scheduling to fit your lifestyle
- Short commute times—we try to match you to opportunities near your home
- Positive work environment and the tools you need to do your job
- Scholarship programs
- Reward and recognition programs
- A stable working environment—we invest in our care team
- Paid time off
- 24/7 on call clinical manager support
Our ideal candidate for this program will have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A passion for caring for individuals in their home and community
- Patience, empathy and dedication
- Dependability, commitment and a can do attitude
If you’re the type of person who takes pride and finds joy in making a difference in the lives of others, join our trusted team of home health care professionals who love what they do!
*BAYADA was Awarded Forbes Best Employer for Women 2020*
*BAYADA was Voted Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2018 & 2019*
As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed home health care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local mandates.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis without regard to sex, race, color, age, disability, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, military status, or any other similarly protected status in accordance with federal, state and local laws. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.