BAYADA Hospice is looking for a compassionate and dedicated Nurse Practitioner, (NP) to join our team located in Wilkes Barre, PA. This office services hospice clients on a per visit basis in territories throughout Luzerne, Lackawanna, Monroe, and Carbon Counties in PA.
As an On Call Nurse Practitioner you would visit clients as needed performing face to face hospice eligibility assessments and recertification's.
Prior hospice experience required. As a hospice nurse practitioner, you will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary health care team that provides palliative care to clients, affording them the opportunity to receive the medical care required to remain at home.
BAYADA Hospice believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- Feel confident, safe, and supported with PPE supplies, comprehensive infection prevention protocol, daily pre-screens, and close monitoring of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- We are committed to investing in people and nurturing their desire to grow.
Responsibilities for a Hospice NP- Nurse Practitioner include:
- Making home visits to clients in designated geographic territories on an on-call basis
- Conducting face-to-face encounter with client to determine continued eligibility for hospice services, when required by regulation.
- Monitoring clients' conditions; reporting changes to Clinical or Client Services Manager.
- Following up with, executing, and properly documenting doctors' orders.
- Providing direct client care as well as collaborating with a licensed physician according to state guidelines to assure excellent hospice care.
- Providing advanced practice nursing services by managing initial and ongoing assessment of the impact of the terminal diagnosis on the client's physical, functional, psychosocial and environmental needs and activities of daily living.
- In coordination with the hospice medical director, serve as client’s attending provider if the client’s primary physician is unable or unwilling to do so or per the client’s request.
- Understand and follow safety and infection control policies and practices.
Qualifications for a Hospice NP - Nurse Practitioner include:
- Current license in good standing as a Nurse Practitioner (NP) in the state of practice, preferably certified as an Advanced Practice Nurse in Hospice and Palliative Care (ACHPN).
- Graduate of Masters or Doctoral Nurse Practitioner Program that meets the standards of the American Colleges of Nursing, as indicated by school transcript or diploma.
- Have a minimum of one (1) year of recent, verifiable, experience as an advanced practice nurse, preferably in palliative, oncology, geriatric and/or hospice care.
- Achieve a passing score on written examinations.
BAYADA recognizes and rewards our RNs and NPs who set and maintain the highest standards of excellence. Join our caring team today!
As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed home health care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local mandates.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 350 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.