Must have COS-C or HCS-O or COQS and HCS-D or BCHH-C
$2,500 Retention Bonus
BAYADA Home Health Care has an immediate opening for a Full time Medicare Case Manager with OASIS and Coding certification to work remotely. COS-C or HCS-O or COQS OASIS Certification, AND HCS-D Home Health Care Coding Certification required prior to hire. RN, PT, OT, and SLP's with certifications will be considered for this role.
BAYADA believes that our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. Apply your skills and knowledge of OASIS and ICD-10 coding to help clients receive the home health care services they need.
- This is a fully remote, permanent salaried position.
- Base Salary: $74,000 / year depending on qualifications
- Currently offering a $2,500 retention bonus. $2,500 retention bonus to be paid in 3 installments. $500 will be dispersed after completion of 90 days; $1,000 will be dispersed after 6 months, and another $1,000 after 12 months of continued employment.
- Bonus Opportunity of $500/Quarter based on department metrics
- BAYADA offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes the following: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, vision, dental and medical health plans, employer paid life insurance, 401k with company match, direct deposit, and employee assistance program
- To learn more about BAYADA Benefits, click here.
Responsibilities of a Remote Clinical Coder:
- Oversee the management of Medicare and PPS model clients from referral through final billing.
- Ensure proper services are provided to Medicare and PPS model clients within the PPS guidelines.
- Perform final review and lock OASIS.
- Prevent or decrease the occasion of Medicare denials by assuring proper coding and documentation on the plan of care/485.
- Review clinical information for appropriateness, congruency and accuracy as it relates to the OASIS and 485 while using the Medicare PPS billing model and CMS guidelines.
- Review and communicate OASIS edit information to each service office to promote OASIS accuracy.
- Provide support and communication to all disciplines within the service office.
- Utilization review of existing clinical documents for potential under and over utilization of services.
- Provide customer service/education and act as a resource to Medicare Certified Offices with regards to CMS guidelines, Home Care Coding, PPS guidelines and billing related issues.
- Provide ongoing communication with service offices via e-mail, zoom, or telephone (specific to the service office needs).
- Perform related duties, or as required or requested by Supervisor.
- Provide SOC visit utilization guidance to service offices based on HHRG (Nursing) and functional scores (Therapy)
- Timely review and coding of OASIS documents with productivity maintained at the quarterly target set by the Director of MCM.
- Communication with service offices monthly and as appropriate with a focus on documentation trends, star ratings and potential revenue impact.
Qualifications for the Remote Clinical Coder:
- Active State RN Nursing License, Physical (PT), Occupational (OT) or Speech (SLP) Therapists with required certifications with a minimum of 2 years clinical experience.
- COS-C or HCS-O or COQS OASIS Certification required prior to hire
- BCHH-C or HCS-D Home Health Care Coding Certification required prior to hire
- Minimum of 1 year experience with coding and OASIS review.
- Knowledge of OASIS, Home Care and Medicare regulations
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Process oriented, has meticulous attention to detail, and is able to work as part of a team in a busy, high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- You will be required to pass a coding quiz as part of the interview process.
- Candidates should be available Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm.
Be part of a caring, professional team that is instrumental in providing the highest quality care while developing your career with an industry leader. Apply now for immediate consideration.
As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed home health care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local mandates.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 350 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.