The BAYADA Nurse Residency Program is a transition to practice program for new graduate nurses who would like a meaningful and exciting career in home care. The program focuses on creating a collaborative professional development environment where new graduate nurses can safely develop their critical thinking and nursing skills while working with children and adults in the home. A clinical coach mentor, dedicated seasoned clinicians, and highly trained preceptors will support your growth as you transition into your career in home care nursing.
Our Nurse Residency program helps prepare recent RN graduates for a career in home health care nursing. This paid, full-time, intensive 6-week training program-followed by a nine month residency period-helps bridge the gap between the classroom and the real world, providing you a smoother transition into a professional nursing role.
You will develop confidence in your clinical skills and judgment, enhance your critical thinking, refine your time management skills, and so much more—all in a safe, nurturing environment. You will be prepared to provide meaningful, one-on-one care for adults in their homes.
You can expect:
- Ongoing, one-on-one support from an RN clinical manager, coach, instructor, and preceptor
- The opportunity to learn and practice complex skills
- On-the-job training, in-classroom learning, and simulation lab training using state-of-the-art manikins to mimic real-life medical situations
Registered Nurses (RNs) at BAYADA enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Weekly pay
- Flexible scheduling to fit your lifestyle
- Short commute times – we match you to cases near your home
- A positive and stable work environment and the tools you need to do your job. We invest in our nursing team!
- Paid training opportunities and scholarship programs
- Paid time off
- 24 / 7 on call clinical manager support
- Health benefits
- Full-time and part-time positions available
Responsibilities for Registered Nurses (RNs):
- Training and education of family members
- Medication administration of prescribed treatments and therapies
- Communication with other members of the patients' multidisciplinary team
- Supply management
- Emergency management
Qualifications for Registered Nurses (RNs):
- Current RN license in good standing (in New York)
- Current CPR certification
- Strong organizational and communication skills
BAYADA recognizes and rewards our RNs who set and maintain the highest standards of excellence. Join our caring team today!
As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed home health care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local mandates.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 350 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA is committed to creating a culture and environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) where all employees can thrive and all clients can receive high-quality, personalized care with a sense of well-being, dignity, and trust.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.