Are you looking for an extraordinary growth and leadership opportunity with a top company in a fast-growing industry? Would you like that growth and success to be part of making a real difference in people’s lives? We’re BAYADA Home Health Care—a leading home health care company—and we believe that our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. In this dynamic environment, you will have the chance to apply your entrepreneurial and relationship-building skills and lead a caring, professional team that is instrumental in providing the highest quality care to our clients.
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an experienced health care manager to fill the position of Sr. Director Enterprise Architecture in our Pennsauken, NJ office.
The Senior Director of Enterprise Architecture is a digital thought leader who challenges the status quo to apply technology to business problems in ways previously unimagined. The role will inspire and work with a team of engineering and business leaders to identify the high value application of technology to the company’s most complex business challenges with focuses on digital transformation, superior user experience, revenue growth, and cost savings. The Division Director drives change through the IT division to make positive impacts to all areas of the company. The Division Director collaborates with senior leaders of the company to surface and leverage emerging technology, practices, and patterns that contribute to execution of the company strategy. The position discovers new vendors, technology, data, and solutions to drive business success. The position makes recommendations for solution architecture across the enterprise and is considered the head of solution design, product selection, and the standard bearer for sound patterns and practices.
1. Demonstrate and communicate the core values of BAYADA and The BAYADA Way.
2. Develop working knowledge of BAYADA’s mission, services, people, organization, policies and procedures.
3. Develop high level frameworks that align an organization’s IT infrastructure with business processes/data to improve the efficiency and productivity of business operations including mapping the relationships between information systems components (i.e., end users, business processes, applications, data, IT platform hardware/software, and networks).
4. Identify key interactions and dependencies across separate systems and platforms.
5. Evaluate the total cost of ownership and return on investment of various architecture alternatives.
6. Perform as a visionary and strategist for solution products across applications, infrastructure, and peripherals
7. Stay ahead of industry solutions, start-ups, and market-place innovations to determine applicability and opportunities within the market for home care solutions
8. Research industry trends and their applicability to our platform and application architecture.
9. Help innovate and differentiate solutions and products to differentiate from our competitors.
10. Own the definition of key non-functional requirements (scalability, availability, maintenance, security, etc).
11. Promote a positive work environment; select and train new team members; continuously provide feedback, mentoring, and coaching to inspire a high-performing team of architects to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new business capabilities and operating models.
12. Communicate, socialize, and evangelize technology architecture direction to your team of architects and senior engineers as well as senior company leadership.
13. Collaborate with custom development, data, integration, master data management, and product management to analyze enterprise business context (business strategy and trends), as well as change requirements in current implementation to derive the technology architecture future state. This includes defining the requirements, principles and models that guide technology decisions for the enterprise.
14. Drive innovation by using innovative new technologies and approaches to renovate, extend, and transform the existing core technology base around cloud, web, mobile, AI/ML, microservices, big data, and API-enabled platforms and products.
15. Responsible for the architectural analysis of the current product offerings to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
16. Gather data and input from peers to drive to consensus when possible but be consistent, practical and substantiate decisions when consensus cannot be reached.
17. Provide “go left or go right” decision-making on application architecture, solution design across commercial-off-the-shelf product as well as custom application development and integration decisions.
18. Assist with crafting the Agile/Lean governance, assurance and standards activities associated with ensuring enterprise technology architecture compliance.
19. Assist with creating, implementing, and managing product management methodology to a diverse set of IT and custom software products, commercial off the shelf products, and data solutions.
20. Demonstrate solid performance or exceed performance standards in key job dimensions/attributes as defined on the Performance Appraisal for Office Staff.
21. Perform related duties, or as required or requested by supervisor.
1. Exemplifies characteristics of The BAYADA Way: compassion, excellence and reliability.
2. Four (4) year college degree; in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
3. Master’s degree preferred in related field.
4. Ten (10) + years of overall experience with managing/working in complex technical environments.
5. Five (5) + years of demonstrated experience in managing staff, projects, and initiatives.
6. Five (5) + years of demonstrated experience in leading change.
7. Three (3) + years of demonstrated experience successfully integrating emerging technology.
8. Strong technical understanding and comprehension of best practices, solution design, systems integration, and project management.
9. Strong aptitude for work processing and results tracking.
10. Proven understanding of technology trends, environments, capabilities, and requirements.
11. Extensive experience in software engineering, data engineering, and leadership of engineering organizations. including a significant leadership role driving the definition and implementation of an Enterprise-level. Architectural Strategy and Roadmap for a mid- to large-sized product organization.
12. Experience leading in an Agile/Lean environment and experience with widely adopted Agile/Lean frameworks.
13. Ability to communicate software engineering concepts effectively and clearly to technical and non-technical audiences.
14. Demonstrated history of hiring, developing, retaining and upgrading technical talent including the management of globally distributed teams.
15. Experience with integrating with partner solutions and acquired technologies.
16. Experienced at modernizing legacy systems including the technical and change management aspects that accompany transformative change.
17. Deep expertise in modern data, AI/ML and cloud technologies.
18. Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
19. Must be a critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills, project management skills: financial/budget management, scheduling, and resource management.
20. A strong solution orientation with a penchant for not only identifying problems but also finding ways of solving them within typical business constraints.
21. Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve strategic goals.
22. Experience as a Solutions Architect, Director of Architecture, Director of Enterprise Architecture, VP of Architecture, VP of Engineering, VP Product Management are suitable prior titles
23. Strong communication skills.
24. Excellent analytical skills.
25. Experience with a distributed-employee intensive, geographically decentralized business footprint including an international presence
26. Experience managing a team of direct reports and/or matrixed resources who create technology solutions
27. Excellent written and oral communications skills.
28. Acceptable pre-employment assessment results.
29. Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
BAYADA believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- BAYADA offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes the following: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, vision, dental and medical health plans, employer paid life insurance, 401k with company match, direct deposit and employee assistance program
- To learn more about BAYADA Benefits, click here
As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed home health care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local mandates.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 350 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.