BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking a Full Time Director of Payroll for our office in Pennsauken, NJ.
This role will be temporarily remote, with the expectation of transitioning back to the Pennsauken Global Support Center in 2021/2022 with the potential of a hybrid remote/office schedule.
In this role, the Director is expected to oversee BAYADA's payroll strategy and provide direction for payroll operations. Lead payroll functions in support of U.S. employees for both-multi-state and multi-company operations. Ownership over the administration of payroll policies and procedures, compliance with all federal, state and local regulations, and payroll tax compliance.
- Lead the strategic direction and administration of a national payroll process.
- Partners with leadership team to establish the vision and strategic goals for the payroll management functions in support of BAYADA’s strategic and business objectives.
- Directs the management of payroll systems as a component of an enterprise human capital management (HCM) system.
- Serves as an expert resource for all payroll matters within the HCM and payroll functions.
- Directs the preparation and execution of multi-state payroll processing, including calculating, balancing and reconciling payroll calculations, and resolving calculation errors.
- Manages and ensures compliance with various state and local laws and regulations for multi-state payroll activities.
- Ensures and facilitates the review and assessment of payroll practices and procedures for operational effectiveness and compliance.
- Ensures compliance with legal requirements by studying existing and new legislations, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions
- Leads the documentation of business requirements, configuration, testing, data validation and ongoing maintenance of payroll systems.
- Partner with various internal stakeholders (finance, IT, total rewards, etc.) to ensure payroll tax compliance.
- Complete local/state tax registrations for jurisdictions not currently within a BAYADA entity’s existing footprint.
- Proactively identify potential irregularities in tax calculations/withholding, solutioning a corresponding remedy.
- Ensure adherence to IRS regulations. Draft and revise policy as needed to eliminate any potential for non-compliance.
- Represent payroll on enterprise projects, including acquisitions/joint ventures.
- Research and stay informed of changes to tax laws, including the introduction of new taxes within a given jurisdiction.
- Reconcile and file quarterly tax data at local, state, and federal levels.
- Oversee the enterprise W-2 process, including data reconciliation through eventual distribution of the forms/filing within the appropriate tax jurisdictions.
- Partner with Technology teams to develop, maintain and trouble-shoot payroll and HCM related systems integrations and technology processes.
- Participate in formal skills training and build significant team knowledge of systems, regulations, and payroll best practices
- Manages external relationships with third party vendors, state, local and federal agencies.
- Mentoring and developing staff to advance through career tracks and assume additional responsibilities and grow with the organization.
- Advise the organization on trends, problems, and issues related to the payroll and HCM processes.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees.
- Planning, assigning, and directing the work of payroll team members.
- Facilitates satisfactory communication and resolution of problems.
- Formulates strategies to ensure successful completion of the office’s routine work plan or special projects, and revises deliverables to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Ensures prompt, high-quality resolution of customer problems, questions, concerns, and issues.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with other teams, offices, employees within the organization.
- Create, implement, and manage the annual plan for the payroll office.
- Demonstrate solid performance or exceed performance standards in key job dimensions/attributes.
- Perform related duties, or as required or requested by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required (commensurate experience may be used in lieu of a degree).
- Seven (7) years of multi-state, multi-company payroll operations experience strongly preferred
- Seven (7) years of supervisory/management experience required.
- Seven (7) years of demonstrated success in a high-volume payroll department.
- Experience with federal, state and local payroll taxes and reconciliation experience required.
- Experience with ADP Tax Reporting or 3rd party tax reporting preferred.
- Experience with Workday, or related human resource and/or payroll systems strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of international payroll and tax processes with multiple withholding, benefits (health and welfare and retirement), garnishments, and labor compliance and basic accounting procedures related to payroll.
- Professional certifications in payroll (e.g., Certified Payroll Professional) strongly preferred
- Ability to work independently, motivate and be self-motivated, flexible, versatile, and creative.
- Operate with a mindset of continuous performance improvement to streamline and automate business processes.
- Possess problem solving ability, leadership skills and be able to foster interpersonal relationships.
- Must have the ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals and the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the groups of employees, managers, directors and clients.
- Demonstrated record of strong interpersonal skills.
As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed home health care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local mandates.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 350 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.