BAYADA Home Health Care is seeking a Senior Manager, Data Governance Manager. This role will lead and manage organization-wide data governance activities and will have responsibility for improving the quality and managing the protection of sensitive data and enterprise information assets. The Data Governance Manager reporting to the Division Director of Enterprise Data & Analytics will serve as a point of escalation for governance, data quality and protection issues and will work closely with Business and Functional area leadership to improve the quality and value of core data assets, respond to regulatory protection requirements as well as support the strategic requirements of the company.
- Demonstrate and communicate the core values of BAYADA and The BAYADA Way.
- Develop working knowledge of BAYADA’s mission, services, people, organization, policies and procedures.
- Establish and promote data governance. In coordination with the Data & Analytics Head, establish data governance processes and procedures, including ownership of master and transactional data and Data Life Cycle Management.
- Build the governance processes and systems to execute, federate, and adapt data strategy across operational units.
- Set operational standards and measurement indicators for data collection, hosting, storage, use, and deletion, at the operational level, in-line with mission, applicable law, and strategy.
- Working with business units and the IT group, identify data gaps and source required data as appropriate.
- Develop metrics and dashboard reporting to measure our data completeness, validation, and overall data health.
- Working with Process Governance team, lead future-state data mapping activities.
- Builds and manages our broader data governance organization, liaising with Senior Leadership to identify our data stewards and assist in development of tools to assist stewards in their validation activities (see the below responsibility).
- Works one-on-one with data stewards to ensure stewards are actively managing their respective areas … identifies tools/reports to assist stewards in their activities and works with the Business Intelligence/IT team to develop those tools/reports (as needed)
- Technical leadership over day-to-day data management and governance activities:
- Manage data definitions and metadata. Ensures data consistency across the organization.
- Establish Data Life Cycle Management processes and "retire" data as appropriate when no longer required.
- Growing data literacy by introducing methods to interpret the meaning of different metrics, hot to narrate the story and making complex things understandable.
- Demonstrate solid performance or exceed performance standards in key job dimensions/attributes as defined on the Performance Appraisal for Office Staff.
- Perform related duties, or as required or requested by supervisor.
- Exemplifies characteristics of The BAYADA Way: compassion, excellence and reliability.
- Four (4) year college degree, preferably in an IT/ Analytics related field.
- Minimum ten (10) years relevant experience in data governance and/or data management.
- Understanding of Master Data Management technology landscape, processes, and design principles.
- Operational familiarity in the use of meta-data management, data quality, and data stewardship tools and platforms.
- Experience in the use of data catalogs and data quality technologies.
- Hands-on operational management and change management.
- Proven track record in operating large data governance programs. Knowledge of Cloud-based big data frameworks such as data lake, relational, Graph and other databases.
- Should be familiar with cloud and data management trends, including open-source projects, methodologies (connect and collect, hub and spoke, data fabrics, etc.) and leading commercial vendors such as Erwin, Alation that relate to data acquisition and management.
- Acceptable pre-employment assessment results.
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed home health care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local mandates.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 345 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.