Internship Opportunities with BAYADA Home Health Care
Please note, this is an unpaid opportunity. Intern must be eligible to receive college or university educational credits for successful completion of internship.
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking a part time, unpaid, intern for our Habilitation office, located in Greensboro, NC. As an Intern for BAYADA, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with our Client Service Managers, Clinical Managers, and Directors to gain valuable insight and experience in the home health care industry.
BAYADA Habilitation is an accredited program that helps clients with intellectual and developmental disabilities to live safely at home and participate in their communities with comfort, independence, and dignity. This specialty program serves clients in North Carolina, and Pennsylvania, who have autism spectrum disorders, intellectual and developmental disabilities, cerebral palsy, and other developmental disabilities.
As one of the leading providers of nursing and personal care services in the country, BAYADA Home Health Care specializes in providing skilled, rehabilitative, therapeutic and personal-care home health services to people of all ages. With more than 300 locations nationwide, BAYADA has a special purpose - to help people of all ages to have a safe home life with comfort, independence, and dignity. We believe our clients and their families deserve the highest quality of home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability, our core values.
Internship roles provide exposure to the following areas:
- Ensuring compliance with employee and client charts
- Interacting with physician offices and referral sources
- Participating in team meetings
- Performing general administrative duties including answering phones, filing, payroll processing and ordering office supplies
- Assisting with recruiting, employee on-boarding and scheduling
- Planning of employee and client appreciation events
- Working on special projects as needed
- Marketing BAYADA services throughout the community
- Gaining general knowledge of healthcare management
- Ability to take ownership, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Creative and flexible with the ability to take initiative
- Willing to work in an “all hands on deck” environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with employees at all levels
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
- Interest in the healthcare industry
Please note, this is an unpaid opportunity. Intern must receive college or university educational credits in lieu of wages.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 345 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.