We have a Full Time Spiritual Counselor position open now in the Delaware and Chester County area.
Flexible schedules, 1:1 care, and great work/life balance. Join us today!
Be a part of the privileged few who get to work in hospice.
BAYADA Was Voted Among Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019!
Apply Now To Find Out Why!
This individual will be a member of an experienced hospice care team that provides assessments, education and symptom management related to end of life care. The ideal candidate will have prior experience as a Spiritual Counselor in hospice or palliative care and will be responsible for developing and adhering to the client's spiritual care plan.
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that believes in leading with our values.
- Feel confident, safe, and supported with PPE supplies, comprehensive infection prevention protocol, daily pre-screens, and close monitoring of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities.
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks.
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability.
- Benefits may include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; mileage reimbursement; paid time off; weekly pay and direct deposit; scholarship opportunities; one-on-one training; recognition programs; referral bonuses; 401(k) with company match; and opportunities for career advancement.
Responsibilities for a Hospice Spiritual Counselor include:
- Develop and adhere to the client's spiritual care plan.
- Provide spiritual and emotional support to patients and family members.
- Complete documentation accurately and timely.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Must demonstrate an appropriate attitude.
- Participate in providing bereavement services to family members, referral sources, and the community.
Qualifications for a Hospice Spiritual Counselor include:
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree in Counseling preferred or have graduated from an approved divinity school.
- One year of experience in a spiritual counseling capacity in a health care setting, preferably hospice or palliative care.
- Must be willing to travel coverage area of office.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 345 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.