BAYADA Home Health has an immediate opening for a Occupational Therapist to perform home health visits in senior living communities and in client's homes. This position will service clients in the Williamsburg/Newport News areas. This is a part time, full time or per diem position.
Competitive pay and benefits!
As a home health care Occupational Therapist, you will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary health care team that provides rehabilitative care and skilled nursing to clients.
Occupational Therapist, OT Responsibilities:
Make home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Perform thorough evaluations of patients’ functional status, including muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills, and ADL and IADL performance.
- Assess cognitive, psychological and motor aspects of performance and develop individualized intervention plans to achieve favorable outcomes.
- Evaluate home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living.
- Identify equipment needs and environmental adaptations resulting in enhanced outcomes for clients.
- Continually assess and revise the occupational therapy care plan, and participate with nursing in the multidisciplinary care plan, as appropriate.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives, in rehabilitative care and activities necessary to promote the client's health, safety and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided, utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Occupational Therapist, OT Qualifications:
A current Virginia Occupational Therapist license.
- Prior home care experience preferred, but not required
- A minimum of one year of recent work experience as an Occupational Therapist.
- Graduation from an occupational therapy program accredited jointly by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the AMA and the AOTA, as indicated by school transcript or diploma.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and problem solving skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 345 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.