Direct Support Professional/ DSP Apprentice Program
Do you have a passion for helping those with special needs live safely and more independently at home and in their community? Are you looking for a career in Home Care, but lack the required experience needed to be considered?
Bayada Habilitation is now hiring for their Habilitation Technician Apprentice Program. We are seeking individuals with a passion for direct care who put their clients care first and who are willing to learn on the job.
Our program is a fully paid learning experience consisting of both virtual classroom and on the job training for individuals as they gain the necessary experience to care for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in their home and communities. The program educates on the fundamentals of caring for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and our hands on support team works one on one with our apprentices as they develop on the job skills needed for care.
With a focus on ensuring safety and teaching clients to do things for themselves, the Direct Support Professional/ DSP performs a variety of additional support services such as:
· Providing personal care assistance (dressing, grooming)
· Accompanying clients on errands and appointments
· Spending time on favorite hobbies and activities
· Assisting with everyday tasks such as meal preparation
· Participating in community integration activities
In addition to paid training and education, individuals in our program enjoy benefits such as:
· Weekly pay
· Flexible scheduling to fit your lifestyle
· Short commute times—we try to match you to opportunities near your home
· Positive work environment and the tools you need to do your job
· Scholarship programs
· Reward and recognition programs
· A stable working environment—we invest in our care team
· Paid time off
· 24/7 on call clinical manager support
We have current Home Health Aide / Habilitation Technician / Direct Support Professional openings in twelve counties including:
- Allegheny, Butler and Westmoreland
Our ideal candidate for this program will have the following qualifications:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· A passion for caring for individuals in their home and community
· Patience, empathy and dedication
· Dependability, commitment and a can do attitude
If you’re the type of person who takes pride and finds joy in making a difference in the lives of others, join our trusted team of home health care professionals who love what they do!
*BAYADA was Awarded Forbes Best Employer for Women 2020*
*BAYADA was Voted Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2018 & 2019*
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 345 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.