If you are eager to start a career in the fastest growing area in health care, this could be the position for you! You will learn from the ground up and have the opportunity to develop a rewarding career while helping our clients live better lives. Our Home Health Managed Care team supports the entire BAYADA organization by obtaining initial authorizations and reauthorizations for Home Health clients across the country. This team is responsible for care coordination, ordering supplies, communicating with managed care payers, and providing ongoing authorization support for home health offices from the time of initial referral, through client discharge.
This is a non-clinical position.
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm with a monthly rotation until 6:00pm once trained; This role will be a remote role that must be based on the East Coast.
As an Authorizations Coordinator/Associate, you will provide support to the team, while learning about managed care and the authorization process. In addition to performing administrative duties and data entry, you will be trained in the following areas:
- Obtaining and tracking insurance authorizations for home health services
- Assisting in the coordination of new referrals
- Facilitating communication with discharge planners, case managers, physician's offices, and clients
- Calling in referrals to BAYADA offices based on geography and specialty practice
- Establishing and maintaining trusting relationships with payors
- Assisting in the ordering of supplies and DME products
- Bachelor's Degree required OR Certified Medical Assistant w/related experience
- Minimum 1 year work experience in professional environment, or related internships
- Prior insurance/authorization experience preferred, but not required
- Professional/polished demeanor
- Flexible/adaptable to change
- Quick and eager learner
- Reliable/dependable; aligned with BAYADA's core values of Compassion, Excellence and Reliability
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 345 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.