- Demonstrate and communicate the core values of BAYADA and The BAYADA Way.
- Develop working knowledge of BAYADA’s mission, services, people, organization, policies, and procedures.
- Be pleasant and exhibit poise and leadership in dealing with BAYADA field and office staff, clients, service offices, and support offices.
- Oversee the management of Medicare and PPS model clients from referral through final billing.
- Perform final review and lock OASIS.
- Prevent or decrease the occasion of Medicare denials by assuring proper coding and documentation on the plan of care/485.
- Review clinical information for appropriateness, congruency and accuracy as it relates to the OASIS and 485 while using the Medicare PDGM model and CMS guidelines.
- Review and communicate OASIS edit information to each service office to promote OASIS accuracy.
- Provide support and communication to all disciplines within the service office.
- Provide customer service/education and act as a resource to Medicare Certified Offices with regards to CMS guidelines, Home Care Coding, PDGM guidelines and billing related issues.
- Provide ongoing communication with service offices via e-mail, zoom, or telephone (specific to the service office needs).
- Timely review and coding of OASIS documents with productivity maintained at the weekly target set by the Director of MCM.
- Communication with service offices monthly and as appropriate with a focus on documentation trends, star ratings and potential process issues.
- Exemplifies characteristics of The BAYADA Way: compassion, excellence and reliability.
- Four (4) year college degree preferred.
- COS-C or HCS-O OASIS Certification prior to hire.
- HCS-D or BCHH-C Home Health Care Coding Certification prior to hire.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with OASIS and coding in the homecare setting.
- Demonstrated record of strong interpersonal skills.
- Competence in basic PC skills required to perform job functions.
- Base Salary: $57,000-$58,000/year depending on qualifications
- Bonus Opportunity of $500/Quarter based on department metrics
- BAYADA offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes the following: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, vision, dental and medical health plans, employer paid life insurance, 401k with company match, direct deposit, and employee assistance program
- To learn more about BAYADA Benefits, click here
Oasis, clinical coding, Medicare, case manager, ICD-10, HCS-D, COS-C, HCS-O, remote, work-from-home, home health, coder, coding specialist, medical coding
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 345 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.