Are you interested in helping to build an incredible patient-centric medication management and pharmacy program from the ground up? BAYADA Pharmacy has an opening for a full time Inventory Specialist. The primary purpose of this position is to assist in managing the flow of inventory product through the pharmacy. This associate will operate in a fast paced environment and must maintain continuous, consistent workflow in order to meet daily production goals.
As an Inventory Specialist, you will:
- Assist in managing drug inventory according to established budgets by cycle counting the on-hand inventory levels to established parameters
- minimize inventory shrink
- receive inventory and ensure accurate product receipt
- Ensure drug product integrity by pulling expired medication from inventory and process through damage, outdated and hazardous waste procedures
- Receive, unload, verify and stock incoming products from daily shipment
- Place purchase orders, process recalls, and returns
- Update Parata and Pharmacy systems by changing, pulling or adding new NDC's and establish appropriate settings
- Monitor reimbursements of NDCs by payor and adjust ordering, as necessary to maximize margins
- Develop and analyze inventory reports to maximize efficiencies
- Ensure wholesaler contract compliance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Responsible for ensuring financial provisions are in place and accurately maintained, including inventory at risk, inventory coverage, inventory turn and inventory holding times.
- Be responsible for the management of excess and obsolete inventory
- Facilitate a cost recovery program for excess inventory
- Proactively capture inventory issues and following up solution implementations after consultation with the relevant business leaders
- Meet Inventory Reporting requirements - This includes daily, monthly and projected inventory levels vs. actual and budgeted inventory levels across all inventory types.
- Ensure annual cycle count scoping document in place and participate in inventory audits and cycle count as required. Perform investigations and gap analysis as necessary.
- Review and challenge business processes.
- Develop, implement and enforce Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as necessary.
Inventory Specialist Qualifications:
- College degree and/or 5+ years of experience.
- Must be an active registered pharmacy technician in NJ or be willing to become registered within 14 days of hire
- Strong background in inventory management in pharmacy setting
- Excellent analytical and PC applications knowledge, e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc. Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple tasks to tight deadlines
- Understands supply chain, products and markets
- Good understanding of business specific organizations, functions and business support system
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and organizations
- Capable to interact with key decision makers
- Expected to be adaptable to evolving business environment, change and transformation
- Must be flexible, open-minded and collaborative.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 345 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.