BAYADA Home Health Care has an immediate opening for a Full time Medicare Case Manager with OASIS and Coding certification to work remotely. COS-C or HCS-O OASIS Certification, AND HCS-D Home Health Care Coding Certification required prior to hire.
BAYADA believes that our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. Apply your skills and knowledge of OASIS and ICD-10 coding to help clients receive the home health care services they need.
Responsibilities of a Remote Clinical Coder:
- Oversee the management of Medicare and PPS model clients from referral through final billing.
- Ensure proper services are provided to Medicare and PPS model clients within the PPS guidelines.
- Perform final review and lock OASIS.
- Prevent or decrease the occasion of Medicare denials by assuring proper coding and documentation on the plan of care/485.
- Review clinical information for appropriateness, congruency and accuracy as it relates to the OASIS and 485 while using the Medicare PPS billing model and CMS guidelines.
- Review and communicate OASIS edit information to each service office to promote OASIS accuracy.
- Provide support and communication to all disciplines within the service office.
- Utilization review of existing clinical documents for potential under and over utilization of services.
- Provide customer service/education and act as a resource to Medicare Certified Offices with regards to CMS guidelines, Home Care Coding, PPS guidelines and billing related issues.
- Provide ongoing communication with service offices via e-mail, zoom, or telephone (specific to the service office needs).
- Perform related duties, or as required or requested by Supervisor.
- Provide SOC visit utilization guidance to service offices based on HHRG (Nursing) and functional scores (Therapy)
- Timely review and coding of OASIS documents with productivity maintained at the quarterly target set by the Director of MCM.
- Communication with service offices monthly and as appropriate with a focus on documentation trends, star ratings and potential revenue impact.
Qualifications for the Remote Clinical Coder:
- Active State RN Nursing License; will consider licensed Physical, Occupational or Speech Therapists with required certifications.
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience required
- COS-C or HCS-O OASIS Certification required prior to hire
- HCS-D Home Health Care Coding Certification required prior to hire
- Minimum of 1 year experience with coding and OASIS review.
- Knowledge of OASIS, Home Care and Medicare regulations
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Process oriented, has meticulous attention to detail, and is able to work as part of a team in a busy, high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- You will be required to pass a coding quiz as part of the interview process
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical/dental/prescription/vision
- paid time off
- 401k with company match
- tuition reimbursement
- short/long term disability
Be part of a caring, professional team that is instrumental in providing the highest quality care while developing your career with an industry leader. Apply now for immediate consideration. EOE
RN, PT, OT, Speech Therapist, Oasis, clinical coding, Medicare, case manager, ICD-10, HCS-D, COS-C, HCS-O