Founded in 1975, BAYADA Home Health Care has a special purpose - to help people have a safe home life with comfort, independence, and dignity. BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors worldwide. We have an immediate opening for an experienced executive to lead our enterprise strategic planning process.
The Division Director, Enterprise Strategy and Transformation will lead the development of the enterprise strategic planning process, support development of practice and functional strategic planning and manage the Portfolio Governance process to achieve the strategic objectives of the enterprise. This role with partner closely with the Enterprise Management Committee to provide a structured approach to prioritizing, communicating, and managing the successful implementation of critical organizational initiatives. The overarching goal of this process is to ensure the organization has clear, differentiated, and value creating strategies and focuses on identifying, investing in and advancing projects that enable realization of the key strategic priorities and projects. This role will have leadership accountability for a project management team that serves as internal consultants to the executive leadership team, practice, and functional groups as well as management responsibility for several strategic planning partnership relationships. This role will also be responsible for deploying and maintaining a Center of Excellence model for project execution. This position reports to the Chief Strategy Officer.
- Demonstrate and communicate the core values of BAYADA and The BAYADA Way.
- Lead annual enterprise strategic planning process, including collaboration with multiple stakeholders from the Board of Trustees to Practice and Functional leadership. Support annual practice and functional strategic planning process.
- Lead annual assessment of external market factors to identify potential growth accelerators and inhibitors as well as potential new business or service opportunities.
- Annually refresh competitive assessment focusing not only on the top players, their strategies and performance but also any material new entrants.
- Ensure that appropriate metrics and scorecards are in place to measure performance and progress towards strategic priorities.
- Provide critical thinking and influence by linking the company’s strategic agenda to the resulting execution plan through leadership of the enterprise Portfolio Governance process, managing the overall coordination, status reporting, financials, schedules, and stability of project-oriented work efforts.
- As part of the Portfolio Governance process, ensure the refinement of tools, processes and systems to enable thorough business case reviews and strong project execution with clear milestones and financial metrics.
- Provide guidance and counsel to project teams throughout stage gate process, supporting the development of business case, planning, execution, and transition phases.
- Set organizational vision and build the tools to enable an organization-wide approach to change management; drive process standardization and best practices through organization-wide initiatives. Work with functional and/or practice leaders to establish performance metrics.
- Guide the direction and resource allocation process for projects within the Portfolio Governance process.
- Lead large cross-functional change programs and provide subject matter expertise and industry best practices related to business transformations, providing direction to multi-disciplinary project teams, regarding lean, six-sigma, change and project management.
- Effectively manages multiple internal and external partner relationships and works effectively to produce high-quality systemic results.
- Develops staff to achieve best in class performance and maximizes organizational value creation.
- Perform related duties, or as required or requested by Chief Strategy Officer.
- Exemplifies characteristics of The BAYADA Way: compassion, excellence, and reliability.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA strongly preferred.
- 10 years of strategy experience, both internal strategy and consulting experience is preferred.
- Highly analytical, motivated, decisive thought leader.
- Strategic mindset with an ability to think broadly, refine questions, and develop analytical frameworks.
- High level of accuracy, and attention to detail, with strong analytic and outstanding project management skills.
- Strong program management and organizational skills, with experience supporting strategic projects working across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Executive level financial and business acumen. Effective at identifying and driving business enhancements to maximize value and objectives.
- Demonstrated effectiveness at a senior level in planning, leading, organizing, and directing staff, teams, and projects in multiple locations while simultaneously serving multiple stakeholders.
- High emotional intelligence and communication (verbal and written) skills that educate and influence senior leaders.
- Skilled in the development of executive-level presentations and facilitation of meetings with senior leaders to appropriately communicate thought process, gather feedback, and drive towards the outcomes of the discussion.
- Experience driving business process improvements that establish a data-based business value (i.e., adherence to Lean/Six Sigma)
- Strong leadership ability. Able to influence and energize others to drive change. Ability to develop high-performing, engaged teams.
- Strong capability to work collaboratively with key internal and external leaders, partners, vendors. Ability to adapt communication and management style to achieve overall collaboration.
- Self-starter, highly proactive, and collaborative.
This position requires a team player willing to respectfully confront difficult issues, and able to negotiate and facilitate resolution of issues with diverse opinions and groups. Able to work with differences of opinion to facilitate resolution of conflict. Be politically astute, use good judgment and analytical skills, be self-motivated, energetic, and able to establish, prioritize and focus on goals, objectives, and work plans in order to make decisions and solve problems. Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and otherwise develop others. Have and maintain an up to date knowledge and understanding of the health care field as applicable to physicians and hospitals.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability or veteran status.